It'd never happen....

AdAstraAU

Ok, I know we still have a game to play, but its fun to think about....

Say we win big against Tennessee, do not go to the Orange Bowl, and then win big against UM/VT in the Sugar. I would absolutely love to see Tubby call a press conference and publicly challenge Pete Carroll/Bob Stoops to a non-sanctioned game to decide bragging rights. Imagine it....

(Tuberville walks in to conference room amid camera flashes. He is flanked by Ronnie, Carnell, Campbell, McGlover, Rogers, Rosegreen, and T. Williams. All are dressed in the home jerseys and have very stern looks on their faces.)

"Coach Carroll/Stoops, I want to congratulate you on your victory in the Orange Bowl, but I'll have you know that you were not tested like you would be against my Tigers. We firmly believe that we should have played for the national title. You shouldn't make it through an SEC schedule undefeated and not play for the national championship. We know it, the voters should know it, and you will know it too if you have the mettle to accept our challenge. I want a game to decide the true champion this year. You can keep your BCS trophy. This game will not involve them. You can keep your NCAA recognition. This game will not involve them either."

(Quietly, "Duel of the Fates" begins to play in the background.)

"We challenge you and your team to a non-sanctioned battle for bragging rights on a neutral field. Hell, we can just meet in Texas, they have a football field on every block. You bring your refs, we'll bring ours. We'll half them up before game time. No ticket sales, no camera crews. I have the buses waiting, you just let me know. If you want to be the best team, you've got to beat the best team. And that means you've got to play the Auburn Tigers! We'll be waiting for your reply."

Thoughts....?

Who said anything about bluffing? If Tubby laid down such a challenge, I'd be more afraid USC wouldn't accept. I'm gonna feel cheated if we play in the Sugar, and would want Tubby to make a challenge. We should want Tubby to be so bold.

If they accepted, then the one that lost would shut up, and the one that won would have a championship that nobody would doubt, it wouldn't be mythical. The winner beat the other two undefeateds fair and square, on the field, as it should be. If we lost, we'd say USC or OU was the better team. If we won, we'd know who the better team is. If there were a playoff system, we'd be faced with this situation anyway. No reason for fear. To be the best, you have to play and beat the best.

why would any team accept a challenge like that after they already won the National Championship? That just wouldn't be smart.

Because people will always want to know why there were two teams with the same record when its all said and done, yet one of them has the trophy and not the other. AU4Ever said it best.

Ok for giggles...

Tubby gets on his play station hooked to the Internet

Other coach does the same...

Put in NCAA...

and duke it out with Cameras a blazing...

whoever wins is the king of the world..

Lighten up and enjoy life...

:cheer:

Make it pay per view and all proceeds go to Charity....

Ok  for giggles...

Tubby gets on his play station hooked to the Internet

Other coach does the same...

Put in NCAA...

and duke it out with Cameras a blazing...

whoever wins is the king of the world..

Lighten up and enjoy life...

:cheer:

Make it pay per view and all proceeds go to Charity....

128074[/snapback]

Awesome...I love this idea.

If not, then how about paper-rock-scissors for champs? Best 4 of 7?

Archived