My life story which involves both

wardameagl

I grew up in the hills of Southwest Virginia in a coal mining town, where all there was to do is to watch sports on TV and the high school games on Friday nights. At a young age my father gave me a choice to be a Va Tech fan or a Tennessee fan. Being Knoxville was 4 hours away and Blacksburg was 3 1/2 hours away. Of course I became a Tech fan with my Dad, and I went to several Va Tech games as a kid when the Hokies were horrible. There were no seats in one endzone and metal bleachers in the other. Around the early 90's my mother moved to Auburn with my stepdad to work at Weston in the Industrial Park. I soon became an Auburn Tiger with all the excitement in this town and learning the new team it took several years to learn about Auburn history. Now, I am more excited then ever that my two favorite college football teams are finally squaring off. Va Tech fans are awesome and have a "we don't get any respect attitude" as well. Looking back at the two schools and love for college football, it is always bigger in the south but Blacksburg is a world all on its own. Frank Beamer has made a small town in Virginia known like Shug did for Auburn. January 3rd, will be a game that will be talked about at my family reunions for years to come. I have more Va Tech alum in my family than Auburn alum. I will be happy about the outcome either way as long as Auburn doesn't lose.

Archived