CAP

freemanjiro

CAP did something in the USCe game that he hasn't done all year, and thats hit holes with a purpose. As well as showing good patience on some runs that required it before hitting a burst. That jump stutter step he has was making earlier in the season (almost every time he touched it) killed the zone read IMO. Looks like it was corrected over the bye week.

I thought this article nicely summed up the adjustment to CAP's game that I believe many have noticed. As hard nosed a runner as he is, perhaps he has run quite a few inside plays with a fullback's mentality. However, I did notice that he made a few Tre Mason-esk bounces to the outside when the original hole was clogged last Sat night. So, yes, the line has needed to do a better job this season, up to this point, but perhaps Tre's abilities (as much as they are admired) maybe had been underestimated a little.

http://www.al.com/au...auburn_adj.html

Key quote from the article:

"Auburn's coaching staff, led by running backs coach Tim Horton, simply asked Artis-Payne to look for more opportunities to bounce bottled-up runs to the outside.

"I thought we worked on that for two weeks, him and Tim," Tigers offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said. "I thought he did a really did a good job of carrying that over into the game when things got wadded up."

Archived