Softball vs. Kentucky game 2

First game of a double header today vs. Kentucky. Auburn comes in at 30-2 following a 5-0 win last night.

CApXZ-gUsAAuWT4.jpg

Morgan Estell is out of the lineup today. She took a pitch off her hand in the game last night. No update at all from the announcers on her condition.

Howard opens the inning by dropping a bunt down the first base side. Because of the defense rotating to cover 1st the ball rolls right where the second baseman would be and into right field. 2 outs...Melero drives one hard down the left field line, howard comes around from 1st to score and Melero ends up sliding in at 3rd. Fagan flies out to center. going to top 2nd its 1-0 Auburn.

Wallace draws a walk...Victoria Draper comes up and slaps one to 3rd and over the third basemens head... runners on 1st and 2nd and 2 outs for Tiffany Howard. Howard grounds to short to end the inning. 1-0 Tigers. Going to top 3rd.

Kentucky gets a walk but nothing else. Auburn coming to bat bottom 3rd 1-0 Auburn. Let's get some runs here Auburn.

Kentucky gets a lead off single.... runner breaks to steal 2nd and Wallace comes up and throws a PERFECT ball right to 2nd and Fagan gets there to glove it and make the tag. Kentucky gets a solo homer to right. game tied 1-1.

Kentucky gets a run on the solo homer but strands 2 and Rachel Walters comes in to get the strikeout to end the inning. Going to bottom 4th 1-1

Carlee Wallace drives one deep to center.. center fielder reaches up over the wall and saves a home run but unable to complete the catch. Wallace slides in safely at 2nd. Jenna Abbott at bat.. 0 outs.

Don't think it was a homer because it was the contact at the top of the wall after the catch that jarred the ball loose, but a good hit nonetheless. The UK pitcher has been stellar today.

Carosone up to bat with 2 outs and runners on 1st and 2nd. Sorry, but the kid announcing the players is annoying as hell...just sayin.

Don't think it was a homer because it was the contact at the top of the wall after the catch that jarred the ball loose, but a good hit nonetheless. The UK pitcher has been stellar today.

based on the replay that ball would have been out if the center fielder hadn't gotten a glove on it. But if that ball ends up going over the wall in the exact same situation instead of coming back into the field of play its a homer. ( i'm pretty sure)

I am watching on my laptop (with the baseball game on the TV, but I'm about to turn that off, they have quit) so the replay wasn't the best of quality.

I love how this team isn't just a good offensive team, but they make good plays in the field.

Auburn sets them down in order after a great throw from center to carosone at 2nd to get the first out...

I am watching on my laptop (with the baseball game on the TV, but I'm about to turn that off, they have quit) so the replay wasn't the best of quality.

I love how this team isn't just a good offensive team, but they make good plays in the field.

Yep....a solid bunch. Fun to watch...following both games....and the basketball too...busy eyeballs this afternoon.

Cooper flies to center....sky high....Cooper kept running....center fielder drops the ball...Cooper ends up at 3rd 0 outs for Melero.

Great hustle by Cooper...never stopped running on what looked like an out...got to 3rd on the play...chance to go ahead with no outs.

Archived