Boy, what a difference a year makes

TexasLSUTiger

This time last year we LSU fans were riding high, just coming off the 2nd SEC title in 3 years, a blowout win over top 10 UGA, on the way to beat OU in the BCS National Championship game, Saban won every coach of the year honor out there. At Auburn there was turmoil as the Auburn coach had some shady things going on with Petrino, and coming off what was told to be a dissapointing season for the Auburn faithful.

Fast forward 12 months, LSU doesnt get a reach around as their head coach gets what he wanted all along and bails, we realize now he was not building a legacy at LSU but a resume. It was great while it lasted, but in the end LSU is losing recruits left and right, and some current players have discussed transferring. On the Flip side Auburn is 12-0 Tubs wins AP coach of the year, and Auburn is the current SEC champ and is my mind the best team in the nation...

Wow.... What a difference a year makes.

thanks Coach Saban I hope you realize LSU has just as much to do with your success as you did ours. Of course once you got your offer. Bye Bye...

Merry Christmas to you to.....

Geaux Auburn Beat Va-Tech

Geaux LSU - You are still our Tigers...

I noticed many of you are getting your yuks out of this, I guess its to be expected. None the less Beat Va tech... Show the rest why the SEC is the best.

The next LSU coach has some major shoes to fill but will have the facilities and talent to work with. As you pointed out, it was a combination of what LSU had to offer and Saban's ability to get the most of it. Butch Davis would be a great hire and I would also like to see Jimbo Fisher get his shot.

I couldn't disagree more.

Why hire Butch Davis?

The man screwed Miami royally but telling everyone adminstrator there that he was going nowhere and even had a contract worked out....then bolted for the Browns without even telling the players.

Then he gets pushed out by everyone with the Browns and is mocked by the players for only caring about himself, being a horrible leader, and not even working hard.

LSU could find better.

After what happened with Terry Bowden, I for one am not laughing at LS_Who's misfortune. I thought that Satan was good for the conference and good for the West...I hate to see him go. But good luck to him. I'm sure that LSU will be fine. In the meantime...let's go SEC!!! Let's win these freakin' bowl games!!! WAR EAGLE! :au::homer:

Only thing I can hope for in a coach, is something many big time programs have (Including Auburn)

A good coach, who runs his program with class, and does not have his agent send his resume to every NFL team each week.

Like I said in an earlier post, its was a great 5 years, but every end of year it was the same story... Sort of glad its over with.

As for the future who knows who we get I think we will get a good coach.

But hopefully like everyone else there is a monster Buy Out Claus :)

Fool us once, shame on you, fool us twice shame on us.

I couldn't disagree more.

Why hire Butch Davis?

The man screwed Miami royally but telling everyone adminstrator there that he was going nowhere and even had a contract worked out....then bolted for the Browns without even telling the players.

Then he gets pushed out by everyone with the Browns and is mocked by the players for only caring about himself, being a horrible leader, and not even working hard.

LSU could find better.

133939[/snapback]

No matter what you might think of him, he did a great job at rebuilding Miami. Yes, he once had that desire to coach in the NFL despite Jimmy Johnson telling him to stay at Miami but I bet you he won't be looking to go back again. He got a taste of the cut-throat world of the NFL and the college game never looked better.

Most LSU fans knew this day would come fairly soon.

No need to rub any salt in any wounds. Saban and LSU did great things together. He left the program in great shape. I'm assuming they have been looking hard already for a replacement, they need to salvage the recruiting year.

Archived