A few random observations...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Just a few rambling thoughts:

1. ABC's Fiesta Bowl production was horrible. Brent Musberger needs to retire. They missed the kickoff and it went downhill from there.

2. How did the guy from Iowa (a senior that had never scored a TD in his career) get that wide open? That was a fluky play, but hey, Iowa should never have been that close to the corndogs. The Hawkeyes pushed the Coona$$es around all day on both lines.

3. David Pollock, even if he has a man crush on Green (not that there's anything wrong with that (damn, I miss Seinfeld)), is a player. His motor never stops. That sack and strip was one of the clutch plays of the year. On a side note, the commentators for that game made reference to several controversial calls made by the same officiating crew in last year's MCB that all went against the Badgers. Anyone remember that? I sure as hell don't.

4. Bill Curry is an idiot. He observations are so bland and boring, not to mention stupid. And if I hear one more time that he was the last freakin' player taken in the draft, I am gonna freakin' scream. I am sure my wife will appreciate that.

5. No offense to Va Tech, but I wish we were playing Utah. They looked like a team worthy of a test from one of the major conferences. Of course, they were playing Pitt. BTW, does anyone else think the panther on their helmets could be drawn just a little better? The thing looks like a Gila monster...

6. Louisville and Boise State are both the real deal, on offense anyway. Entertaining to watch, to say the least. Those defenses might need a little work...

7. Bama, well, let's just say that they lived up to their potential. They did get at least one bad call. But I have little sympathy for them since they let Minnesota run over them like a bunch of little girls...

Anyone else?

6.  Louisville and Boise State are both the real deal, on offense anyway.  Entertaining to watch, to say the least.  Those defenses might need a little work...

Anyone else?

135431[/snapback]

Those defenses need a lot of work! :big::big:

7.  Bama, well, let's just say that they lived up to their potential.  They did get at least one bad call.  But I have little sympathy for them since they let Minnesota run over them like a bunch of little girls...

Anyone else?

135431[/snapback]

BWAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAA......Like 'lil Girly Men. Any alabamer loss couldn't happen without a couple controversial calls.....those calls didn't matter because Marion Barber III and Laurence (sp) Maroney Ran all over 'em.....The Great bammer defense......War "BY GOD" Eagle.

Bama's ineptitude on offense contributed to the defense getting shoved around. When you play against a physical, rush-oriented team like Minnesota, you need to keep the ball some to give the D a breather. I mean 0 for 11 on 3rd down conversions? That's pitiful.

Truth is, Pennington just isn't a very good QB. I mean, every now and then he'll get hot, but he doesn't belong at a major SEC school playing QB. He ought to be playing I-AA or playing for some lower rung I-A place like Middle Tenn St. or South Florida.

Bama's ineptitude on offense contributed to the defense getting shoved around.  When you play against a physical, rush-oriented team like Minnesota, you need to keep the ball some to give the D a breather.  I mean 0 for 11 on 3rd down conversions?  That's pitiful.

Truth is, Pennington just isn't a very good QB.  I mean, every now and then he'll get hot, but he doesn't belong at a major SEC school playing QB.  He ought to be playing I-AA or playing for some lower rung I-A place like Middle Tenn St. or South Florida.

135448[/snapback]

Now Titan, don't you know that all those kids at Bama are the best at their positions and all could have signed with any school in the country! Why to hear the Bammers tell it, schools were fighting to sign all those kids. :blink:

1. Bill Curry is the worst color commentator in the history of college football. If he's not talking about himself, he's being confrontational to whomever else is on the set. What in the world does ESPN see in this guy?

2. Waaaayyyy too many bowl games. Sorry, but a 6-5 team has no business getting rewarded with a bowl game. And to actually match up Troy and N. Illinois in front of 6000 people in San Jose...oh, forget it.

3. The Big 10 looked very strong this bowl season even with Michigan's loss to Texas. Great game by the way.

4. OU got stretched to the limit by OSU and A&M. What did those two teams do? Uh, lose by a combined score of 71-14. And USC's toughest opponent, Cal, was Tech's beatch all night.

5. Did I mention that Curry sucks?

I think VT is a talented, well-coached and worthy adversary. I wish they had a higher poll rating, but that's politics. I will be pleased with a victory over them tonight.

WAR EAGLE

Similar to AU's situation. Only reason VT doesnt have a higher poll rating is because they started the season ranked 28th, and with the close loss to USC, Tech dropped to 36th. Im surprised VT got into the top 10 after starting that far back.

Archived