Sugar Bowl Game Thread

GoAU

Well, that was not exactly a graceful ending, but it counts.

A 13-0 season may never come around again, so enjoy it, people.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beamer refused to give us any love in his post-game interview...'the champion will come from that game tomorrow'...

thanks, frank.

135828[/snapback]

Pure class, like his thug players.

so true...13-0 is what it is, people...

i, for one, shant worry about a lost AP vote that wasn't going to happen in the 1st place... that's just ABC hype to generate interest in tonite's game.

wtg, 2004 auburn tigers....absolutely AUsome.

ct

In just about every game this year, the final score has been MUCH closer than the difference in the teams because Borges or somebody on the sideline goes in to a complete shell. Against MSU putting in 2nd and 3rd string and giving up 14 points, so what, but when the nation is watching and you want to claim after the game that you have the best team in the country, you have to show them that YOU as the coach believe you have the best team, and NOT show the country that you are so scared of losing that you put your great senior backfield in a deep freeze.

War Damn Eagle and congratulations to this fantastic Auburn team on finishing 13-0!!!!

Strange. I will never understand his "damn-the-odds" mentality of faking a punk inside our own twenty against UF several years back and then 180ing to the point of terrified to even throw a screen when we're up by 16...10....3.

Whatever. 13-0!

For you guys on Borges case: it ain't Borges. He's doing what Tuberville is telling him to do. And it isn't all bad.

What a terrific bunch of troopers. What a bunch of great guys.

War Damn Eagle!

beamer refused to give us any love in his post-game interview...'the champion will come from that game tomorrow'...

thanks, frank.

135828[/snapback]

CT, I think you missed the most important part of his comment, or you would think differently about what he said. He said "Well, I am a company man..." with a sly grin on his face. In other words, he said what he has to say because his vote automatically goes to the BCS champ, but by saying it the way he said it, it was his way of letting us know he did not agree with the two teams that are playing tomorrow night. Remember, Beamer is on record as stating he had :au: at #2 with his vote, so don't be so hard on the guy. ;)

Look guys, I was hoping we could get the AP vote and it was not hype by ABC as somebody stated. Seeing how the AP is upset with the BCS and has pulled it's poll, it would not have surprised me a bit if we had gotten their vote with a big win and with OU barely beating USC in a boring game. However, with us not winning big, it will not happen now, regardless of what happens tomorrow night.

Anyway, we are 13-0 and are one of the national champs. Under the current system, in which the NCAA does not "offically" recognize a NCAA national champion, nobody can dispute our claim of a national championship until a playoff system is in NCAA Div-1 football.

That was a great win for AU but the BCS is not going to let ya'll have it! Well it was a great season for AU but no matter how good you guys are the BCS says it just isn't good enough! The BCS is screwed up but I'll still consider you guys co-champions! The Sooners didn't deserve to be in the NC game last year and they don't deserve to be in it this year!

I know I'm an LSU fan but I just wanted to through my 2 cents in and say congrats to an undeafeted team!

Tubby said that it was his call to go conservative on both sides of the ball. REALLY??? I would have never guessed...Coordinators change but the late game style remains the same...go figure.

:au:

Archived