Congrats to Auburn, best team in the nation

VT_Hotrod

Auburn proved out there tonight why they are a championship team. Id love to wonder what this game could have been if not for a dropped touchdown pass and/or a missed 24 yard field goal, but the Auburn players really wanted it more. Campbell had to do it by himself and he sure as hell did it. The first thing I noticed about Auburn is how close they are, and being a team beats skill anyday. Auburn didnt have 2 or 3 Heisman finalists, but theyre the best team out there.

And again, too bad Eric Green had to come out pushing everybody around. Hes a senior and should know better than represent VaTech with that bull****. VT won the ACC Sportsmanship award for a reason. He was the one getting burned all night though so he showed a lot of that stuff. He isnt known to be a dirty player, ive never seen him play like that, but whatever.

Auburn is losing their big 3, whos going to replace them?

Great game for the Hokies....the ACC better look out! Congrats on a great game. Thanks for the comments.

As you wonder, I wonder what if Auburn gets TD's instead of FG's, and Carnell holds on the the football there in the 4th.....

I hope to see you in a big bowl later...

War Eagle!

Hard fought game all the way around. The VT fans I've seen on this board and have been around have all been class acts. Just glad we came out on top in this one.

Thanks, VT.

I wouldn't mind seeing how y'all would stack up against USC or Oklahoma either. [Your early season USC game was early and a rematch would be great!]

Everyone thought Miami and Florida State would dominate the ACC. I think you will be giving them a run for their money every year...and I KNOW you have a lot more class than either of them.

Thanks for the kind words, VT Hotrod.

We drove from Birmingham to Dallas on Sunday, and stopped along the way at the rest stop just inside the Mississippi line on I-20/59. Every other car had Auburn or VT decorations and fans. Had a good time ribbing the VT fans and congratulating them on their bravery for driving all the way across Alabama with their cars decorated. Would be interesting to see how many Virginia cars got tickets this weekend in Alabama. :D

Couldn't go to the bowl myself, as work is very busy this week. But, I did watch the game with the best Auburn Alumni group around, the DFW Auburn Club. Close to 100 of us gathered in Dallas to cheer the Tigers on together, and had a great time. VT was a worthy opponent, and the matchup created some great football moments.

AU fans enjoyed a wonderful season. If we had played more worthy opponents such as VT, we'd be #1 right now.

War Eagle

The big 3 will be replaced with Brandon Cox at QB and Kenny Irons, Brad Lester, and Carl Stewart at TB. We will be ok, talent-wise. We just need some new, strong leaders to keep the team on track. I believe we'll see Ben Obomanu and T.J. Jackson filling those voids nicely.

Just wanted to say congrats from the other SEC Tigers. :lsu:

13-0 and SEC Champs... ya'll are getting screwed. Anyone who watched that game, or any Auburn game this year, knows that you have a great team and you don't have to apologize to anybody.

So congrats to you, and I'll go back to hating you guys next season.

Archived