Mission to Mongolia

Bro Johnny Mac

Its been I while since I posted, I hope some of you will remember me. I am a preacher who has done a lot of Jail ministry, rehab ministry, Linn Park ministry in Birmingham and I have preached a few revivals. This past year my daughter and I went on a 10 day mission trip to Mongolia with Harbor International. We are going back in January 2017. I lead the college/career class at my church(North Gardendale Baptist) and they are coming with us. This will be a month long trip. We feel that we may be called to serve there and we will be living in Ulaanbaatar and the Gobi desert in the coldest time of the year. We chose this time of year because it has the harshest weather conditions (lows are around -35 and highs around 0) and I want us to be sure this what God has called us to do before we commit to full time ministry there.

I am asking if you would consider having me speak at your church to present our work. We need churches to partner with us to get to the mission field. We have a youcaring site that gives greater detail about our mission.

Thanks, Bro Johnny Mac

Ole Bro Johnny Mac IS still around!! Good to hear from you. Good to hear you are still doing the Lord's work. Wait... did you say -35 degrees? Even though your work is a definitely a calling, I dare say that is a call that would be hard to answer. Brrrr!! I admire you and your group and thank you for your ministry.

Wow. People live in -35 degree weather? I lived in Northern Wyoming briefly and we had wind chills in that range, but not actual temps.... N Gardendale Baptist...is that the one by the interstate with the big cross (held the personal security summit recently)?

I understand you're not posting for chit chat and have a bigger meaning. We are members of a Methodist church and considering a trip to Haiti (which is where most of our international mission funds go). I've felt a calling to Haiti, but that's a different story. What is it you are seeking? Monetary support? Additional missionaries? I'd bet it's tough to find missionaries that can be gone a month (especially southerners willing to go to -35 degrees).

Wow. People live in -35 degree weather? I lived in Northern Wyoming briefly and we had wind chills in that range, but not actual temps.... N Gardendale Baptist...is that the one by the interstate with the big cross (held the personal security summit recently)?

I understand you're not posting for chit chat and have a bigger meaning. We are members of a Methodist church and considering a trip to Haiti (which is where most of our international mission funds go). I've felt a calling to Haiti, but that's a different story. What is it you are seeking? Monetary support? Additional missionaries? I'd bet it's tough to find missionaries that can be gone a month (especially southerners willing to go to -35 degrees).

The church you're referring to is Gardendale first Baptist. We are just down the road from them. I understand that Ulaanbaatar is the coldest capital city. It actually got down to -40 a couple of weeks ago. We wont be doing a lot of street work this time around. Our team has six people, and we aren't looking for more people on this trip. Mongolia has one of the fastest growing Christian populations, almost all of them are in Asia. Christianity is very new to them, when communism fell there were under 5 Christians in the whole nation. The Country has only allowed foreign missionaries in since the early 90's. Harbor international has over planted over 20 churches, built a hospital, and has two feeding stations for hungry children. The feeding station we visited in Ulaanbaatar is very near the city dump. Abandoned children make their homes there eating garbage to stay alive . They use the garbage to make shelters. The Missionary who we will be serving with is Mitch Tillman. He adopted a child that was discarded in the dump right after birth, with the cord still attached. The Lord is working through these missionaries in a mighty way.

What we need are the funds to get there. So I am seeking to present our mission to churches and hope that they will partner with us. I took a shot in presenting our work here on the board. Outside of FB this is the only social media place I go to, though I haven't been to social here for a while. I understand that god things are going on in Haiti as well, if the Lord calls, go, you wont regret it.

My wife attends a bible study every Wednesday with one of the church leaders. I'll have her mention it to him and see what kind of feedback we get. Our church is very involved in missions. Unfortunately for you, there's a good chance they already appropriated all the mission funds, but it sure can't hurt to ask. Maybe they'd be willing to help in some way.

My wife attends a bible study every Wednesday with one of the church leaders. I'll have her mention it to him and see what kind of feedback we get. Our church is very involved in missions. Unfortunately for you, there's a good chance they already appropriated all the mission funds, but it sure can't hurt to ask. Maybe they'd be willing to help in some way.

Thanks. Put our mission on your prayer list please, that is more important than the funds people can give. Thanks again for your consideration brother.

Archived