Why does anyone care about nonqualifing recruits?

Eagle's Claw

I really don't care about Powe.... He is not going to qualify and will not be playing for LSU next year anyways.... In addition the chances for him to choose ANOTHER D1 school in a yr is quite common.

I don't know why all this recruiting business even considers people like Powe. It would have been nice, BUT it would have made absolutely NO difference to AU next year. Which is how these recruitment classes are judged upon.

As far as I'm concerned Non-qualifying recruits should noted on the front end. They shouldn't even be considered in rating recruitment classes for these individuals haven't earned the right to attend D1 college on scholarship.

Very sad to see individuals who have been given a gift of a lifetime, yet throw it all away.... I generally have no mercy for individuals who don't apply themselves to make minimum grade requirments... Just my opinion.

Probably wise words to go with. However, everyone who follows recruting loves those style points with having as many 5 *'s on that list as possible. It's all about the image of the top recruits wanting to go to YOUR school. Whether they play or not is something to fret over down the road.

Probably wise words to go with. However, everyone who follows recruting loves those style points with having as many 5 *'s on that list as possible. It's all about the image of the top recruits wanting to go to YOUR school. Whether they play or not is something to fret over down the road.

138979[/snapback]

Sorry Raptor, but I have to disagree. I don't give a rats butt about style points. I do care about bringing in kids with class and character who give you an oppotunity to play within the "team" concept. This year should have been a prime example to all. Write this down, Coach Tubberville and Co. do not look at these ratings you speak of and neither should we. WDE!!!

How hard is an 18 to make on the ACT? If you can graduate from high school then a 18 should be easy. I think alot of these football players that can't make 18 on the ACT were obviously just given HS diplomas from schools with no standards. These kids need to realize that there's more to life than football and that there is more to football than just athletic talent.

Archived