ESPN article on Sammie Coates

Randman5000

I expect a really sweet 2016/17.

I expect a really sweet 2016/17.

Nice to see the dedication ....good habits developed at AU but maybe could have used some better coaching in the way of WR skills....

Hope he is able to step up this year.

Football aside, this is a young man that seems to have his head on straight!

On finances:

Coates knows this is good for him, but selfishly he's also feeding his insistence to save money by any means necessary. “I’m just really cheap,” Coates said. “That’s the way I am. If I don’t have to spend it, I’m not going to do it. I’ve got free workouts here, trainers right there, a good strength coach, you get to eat [free], it’s a seven-minute commute.”

On marriage:

Wide-receiver teammates asked him what it's like to be married. Coates told them they can have a great marriage if they want it, because it's about what you put into it.

Nice article thanks for posting that. I hope the next generation of AU WRs get to the NFL a little more ahead of the curve than Sammie was. I'm glad SC has the opportunity to make a big splash there this upcoming season. He might make you put your hands on your head one play saying "noooooo" then your hand over your mouth saying "oh my" the very next. If he can become consistent he will be a force. Even if he's inconsistent all he has to do is be like Ted Ginn. Just make a team pay for it once and you force the safeties to respect you opening up everything else underneath.

His sophomore year was the most fun I've had watching a WR at AU in a long time.

Archived