Maybe the reason we don't get the 5 star athletes

PChamp119

is because most of them are little punks that have no desire to graduate. Maybe most of them are looking for fame and fortune from the Tennessee and Miami type programs.

Tuberville seems to want to bring in big time athletes, but athletes that will "fit the Auburn family." Student - Athletes with a desire to graduate and be unselfish. Perhaps most 5 star athletes have their heads up their butts too much and don't fit into the program Tuberville wants to establish, when there are 3 and 4 star athletes that will make our program look better and can do just about everything a 5 star athlete can do. When it comes down to it - football comes down to teamwork and coaching.

is because most of them are little punks that have no desire to graduate. Maybe most of them are looking for fame and fortune from the Tennessee and Miami type programs.

Tuberville seems to want to bring in big time athletes, but athletes that will "fit the Auburn family." Student - Athletes with a desire to graduate and be unselfish. Perhaps most 5 star athletes have their heads up their butts too much and don't fit into the program Tuberville wants to establish, when there are 3 and 4 star athletes that will make our program look better and can do just about everything a 5 star athlete can do. When it comes down to it - football comes down to teamwork and coaching.

139204[/snapback]

Very well put!

well, Tray Blackmon is a 5* and is committed, and Jason, Carnell, and Ben O. were also 5* athletes. So I'm not sure if thats the case or not.

Maybe those 5 star athletes know if they go to AU, work their asses off, and finish with a perfect season the BCS system will screw them out of a chance to play for a national title.

well, Tray Blackmon is a 5* and is committed, and Jason, Carnell, and Ben O. were also 5* athletes.  So I'm not sure if thats the case or not.

139210[/snapback]

Jason, Carnell and Ben are 5 stars with class. And look at the great players that choose to stay for the senior year. There is no doubt that CTT has done a great job of recruiting quality student-athletes, not just guys looking for a few years of partying and glory...

Maybe those 5 star athletes know if they go to AU, work their asses off, and finish with a perfect season the BCS system will screw them out of a chance to play for a national title.

139214[/snapback]

No, only an IDIOT would think that!

Miami and USC have beaches close by

Alabama is a culture shock compared to California

Plus, some from the north may not be able to take the heat and humidity

And it's not "What can I do for the program, but what can the program do for me?"

Then, you have Texas ,which isa considered the hotbed for recruiting

Miami and USC have beaches close by

Alabama is a culture shock compared to California

Plus, some from the north may not be able to take the heat and humidity

And it's not "What can I do for the program, but what can the program do for me?"

Then, you have Texas ,which isa considered the hotbed for recruiting

139230[/snapback]

Hah! The Redneck Riviera has the best beaches in the country, just a few short hours from AU...but let's just keep that our little secret. :big:

:au::homer:

Mothers-Fathers-Grandmothers-Aunts that want their kids to play at a clean program and get an education will see to it that we get the "good" kids.

Let the rest find somewhere else to "play". :D

To be honest.....I would much rather have a team full of 4-stars, rather than a team with 3 stars and one 5 star cocky POS.

139224[/snapback]

Isn't that what you got......Brodie and the rest? :D:D

Just kidding. I can't make that slam on Brodie, He's a nice guy from a great family.

139214[/snapback]

139221[/snapback]

These 5 star recruits have an opportunity to play for any team in the country. I'm sure their ultimate goal is to win a national championship. USC, OK and AU all go undefeated. AU doesn't get a chance to play for the national championship. If a kid is considering USC, OK and AU I don't think it's a far stretch he might take that into consideration among other variables. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

139214[/snapback]

139221[/snapback]

These 5 star recruits have an opportunity to play for any team in the country. I'm sure their ultimate goal is to win a national championship. USC, OK and AU all go undefeated. AU doesn't get a chance to play for the national championship. If a kid is considering USC, OK and AU I don't think it's a far stretch he might take that into consideration among other variables. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

139344[/snapback]

USC and Oklahoma started out ranked 1-2. Nothing was going to change that unless they lost. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

The bottom line is since Tuberville has been here, we've had the talent to compete with anyone in the SEC, and if you can do that, you can compete for bigger things as well. Put stock in the recruiting rankings if you want, but there's no doubt in my mind that Tubs will keep getting us the kind of guys we need to continue to win.

Seems to me that UT gets loads of 4 and 5 star players every year. They are always near the top in recruiting. I guess if we could just play them we could find out how our recruits stack up against the nation's best, huh? Any guesses on how an AU/UT game or two would come out?

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Recruits normally go where "mama" wants them to go! IF a kid decides to go far away to school, it's normally because (1) He's being paid, (2) he has relatives in the area (3) he has a specific area of study he wants to pursue that isn't available in his area, (3) he isn't interested in an education and only wants a pro career and feels like the school is his best springboard, or (4) he is a street type and doesn't give a damn what mama wants or he has not family ties. Bottom Line! Of course, it could be a combination of all of these.

Generally, Kids who committ and de-commit and those who insist on holding giant media events to announce their decisions are not going to work out because they are selfish, self-centered, egotistical, and undependable. Just some thoughts from experience. WDE!

Recruits normally go where "mama" wants them to go! IF a kid decides to go far away to school, it's  normally because (1) He's being paid, (2) he has relatives in the area (3) he has a specific area of study he wants to pursue that isn't available in his area, (3) he isn't interested in an education and only wants a pro career and feels like the school is his best springboard, or (4) he is a street type and doesn't give a damn what mama wants or he has not family ties. Bottom Line! Of course,  it could be a combination of all of these.

Generally, Kids who committ and de-commit and those who insist on holding giant media events to announce their decisions are not going to work out because they are selfish, self-centered, egotistical, and undependable. Just some thoughts from experience. WDE!

139357[/snapback]

With the limitations on scholarships, not all kids can attend the University located in their home state. There will be more kids sign D1 scholarships from the state of Alabama than either AU or UA could sign.

Recently I remember Carnell Williams and Ben Obamano having a press conference to announce their decision.

Archived