stoops

Butthead

how does this dude continue to get a pass in the major media?  you have this guy (see below) plus mixon.  add that he actively recruited DGB from MO after his multiple "alleged" deeds.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18260026/report-oklahoma-sooners-dede-westbrook-arrested-domestic-violence-2012-2013

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Wait... I thought they were playing us in the Sugar Bowl, not bama.  What's with the media hit piece?

Not sure what you saw, but the last line of the article posted said they play Auburn in the Sugar bowl on Jan 2.

What are they suppose to do. The charges in first incident dropped and in second cannot find witnesses. Press digging up old stories with no new evidence. As @lionheartkc said just a hit piece. 

3 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

Not sure what you saw, but the last line of the article posted said they play Auburn in the Sugar bowl on Jan 2.

My point is that bama is notorious for running hit pieces on the best players of their major opponents, to try to get the upper hand, if not get them suspended.

4 hours ago, Butthead said:

how does this dude continue to get a pass in the major media?  you have this guy (see below) plus mixon.  add that he actively recruited DGB from MO after his multiple "alleged" deeds.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18260026/report-oklahoma-sooners-dede-westbrook-arrested-domestic-violence-2012-2013

We actively recruit and sign guys who have been kicked off of teams all of the time.  

wde

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

for beating up girls?

We actively recruit and sign guys who have been kicked off of teams all of the time.  

wde

20 hours ago, Butthead said:

Honestly, I can't judge the kid since he was never convicted of either charge.  Just yesterday it was announced that a KU basketball player who was suspended for domestic violence charges was reinstated because there happened to be a video camera at the scene of the incident, and when they footage was reviewed it turned out that the girl who filed charges actually attached him... not the other way around.  The state is now filing charges against her.

Goes to show that you need to have ALL of the facts before judging these kids. 

Interpreting "this dude" in the initial post as referring to the thread title - "Stoops" - a healthy chunk of sports media run with the "SEC bias" myth because their region(s) have been consistently punked by this conference for over a decade...and they probably give him a pass because ole Bob is their poster child.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:56 PM, Bigbens42 said:

The video is out and it's pretty bad. 

It is bad and inexcusable. Mixon should not be anywhere except in Oklahoma come the sugar bowl. 

I just watched the video and it is pretty disturbing. It is hard to believe all he got was 100 hours of community service. Correct me if  I'm wrong but wasn't he shot and killed?

6 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I just watched the video and it is pretty disturbing. It is hard to believe all he got was 100 hours of community service. Correct me if  I'm wrong but wasn't he shot and killed?

Who? Mixon? No, you'll see him in the sugar bowl.

9 hours ago, doc4aday said:

It is bad and inexcusable. Mixon should not be anywhere except in Oklahoma come the sugar bowl. 

Should still be in prison (or atleast gone to prison to begin with). It's well past time that athletes get dealt the same hand in court as every other person. Judge should be penalized somehow. 

If it had been Auburn and they were planning on a playing someone who beat up a woman I can't imagine how the school would get raked slowly over the coals. It was only six short years ago when Auburn caught flack for Cam Newton. And back in the 80's Auburn caught flack over playing Brentwood Full wood even though he wasn't going to class. I don't remember all the facts but AU never got in any ncaa trouble, but the media gave them HE'LL for it.

41 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

Somewhere in Oklahoma, there is a daddy that needs to find his spine....

If it's her father you speak of, you're dead wrong.  

You wouldn't know anything about  it unless you've lived it.  They trusted the system and unfortunately it didn't hold up. If you know the story, then you know she wouldn't quit and leave OU.  She learned commitment from somebody, any guess as to who?

If it's Stoops, Castiglione or Boren you speak of then I am in violent agreement with you and I apologize for giving you down the road. Hope that's the case.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:13 PM, AUIH1 said:

wde

THE TURDS ARE LIGHT YEARS WORSE THAN ANY TEAM IN THE SEC. TAKE THIS HOME AND PUT IT IN A BARREL OF ELEPHANT DUNG!  SORRY FOLKS, MY CAP LOCKS KEY IS STUCK.

Archived