LB Injuries

autiger6

After getting through last year with minimal injuries it looks like we are without our entire starting linebacker group until fall. Sears under went surgery from a injury during the scrimmage on Saturday and Travis turned his ankle and will be held out so no further damage is done. A Willams is still working through rehab from the surgery to wrist last season. This will at least allow some of the other backers to get a chance to get some extra reps. :huh:

i heard kevin's surgery is really minor, but he'd be held out. travis is completely precautionary. same reason we're keeping david irons off the field during scrimmages. risk is too big for the reward of a few extra reps. a.t. is nothing new. we knew he'd be out to let his wrist heal. i'm not worried about the linebackers in the least. we have four guys who could start for any team in the sec.

yea...it's mainly precautionary, but i like having the players on the field. i know it's spring and it doesn't really matter that much, but we do have a new defensive coordinator, and it's better to learn by doing it instead of watching.

Yeah, hopefully all this will be healed and forgotten by the opening game this fall.

Sometimes I think we overlook just how big a part staying healthy plays in seasons like our 13-0 last year. I have no doubt that most championship seasons involve a bit of luck, injury-wise, on top of great playing and coaching.

Furthermore, I think dynasties come from those programs that, through solid recruiting year in and year out, build the depth to weather injuries better. I think that's where CTT has us now. We've pretty much reached that proverbial "don't rebuild, just reload" level in my opinion.

well i think this is the season we'll find out if we've reached reload status. if you can replace two top ten running backs, the sec player of the year qb, the thorpe award winner, five starting linemen, a game changing safety and come back with a top 15 team, you're reloading. i think this linebacking corp may actually benefit in the long run from this as odd as that is to say. if we can find two more guys to join dede on the second line, we're going to be all the better for it. travis, a.t., and kevin are going to be okay. a.t.'s come back from an injury just like this. travis is just a precaution. kevin has months to get over thumb surgery. i'm interested in seeing guys like kevis burnham and courtney harden to find out if we have a solid backup for travis most of all.

Archived