A game I miss..

Ryan Sanders

Where is Florida!?!?! It is hard for me to imagine Auburn football without playing Florida. This will make 3 straight years without playing them, and I need this game! This was the game I always looked forward to, even if we did lose most of the time (in the last 15 years). It always made it just much better when we did win.

Does anyone know when we will get Florida back on our schedule?

Where is Florida!?!?! It is hard for me to imagine Auburn football without playing Florida. This will make 3 straight years without playing them, and I need this game! This was the game I always looked forward to, even if we did lose most of the time (in the last 15 years). It always made it just much better when we did win.

Does anyone know when we will get Florida back on our schedule?

150170[/snapback]

My understanding is that we have a rotating schedule with 5 teams from the eastern division of the SEC. Thus, our Eastern schedule should look like this for the next few years:

Georgia every year...home games on even years.

2005 we have USC (home) and UK (away).

2006 we have USC (away) and Florida (home).

2007 we have Florida (away) and Vanderbilt (home).

We might get to play Florida this year... if Cox holds his own and can beat LSU and/or Georgia (but LSU is more impt), we'll play Florida in Atlanta

This will be the first time in many years that Auburn isn't playing Florida or Tennessee in a season, what a shame. I'm a youngin so both of those rivarlies are a little bit down on the list for me even though I've been to the last three UT games, all of them super sweet cause I'm still ticked we lost the 97 SECCG. I wish we still played the Gators since that is just a series that has had to many games to just end like that. My one and only UF games was in 99, good lord I hate 8 o'clock kickoffs, I fell asleep afterwards before we even got back to Montgomery. I know this is a serious crime but I did miss most of the 01 game when Duval made that kick, sorry I was in Murray, Kentucky at a frat party, too bad I was 15. But thank the lord for ESPN Classic, I watched the game from begining to end and I got chills when Duval nailed that field goal. Hey Steve how did you like your last trip to the Plains as a Gator, :moon: ?

We might get to play Florida this year... if Cox holds his own and can beat LSU and/or Georgia (but LSU is more impt), we'll play Florida in Atlanta

150216[/snapback]

I think the more likely scenario would be another Tennessee matchup in Atlanta, granted UT/UF is in Gainesville this year.

I was on the field for the '01 game...I could have reached out and grabbed Dansby when he made the 4th pick off of Grossman. Best game I've seen at JH ('97 Bama is a close 2nd).

UT ought to be good again this year. I don't think they lost a single skill player on offense...returning both QB's and that core of RB's.

I was on the field for the '01 game...I could have reached out and grabbed Dansby when he made the 4th pick off of Grossman.  Best game I've seen at JH ('97 Bama is a close 2nd).

UT ought to be good again this year.  I don't think they lost a single skill player on offense...returning both QB's and that core of RB's.

150353[/snapback]

I still don't know how Duvall made that field goal in the 40 mph wind :au:

I was in my usual North End Zone seat. I'm still PO'd that they keep saying Florida lost because of the rain. It didn't start raining till Damon lined up for that kick. (Think I should let it go? :big: )

Where is Duval now? I followed his career at Auburn with a bit of interest 'cause he's a Morgan City, LA native. In fact, his mom was a member of our church. Damon's maternal grandparents are friends of ours. Then, Damon's mom and dad split and she moved to Tennessee (Memphis?). Still see his dad every now and then.

Florida didn't lose because of the rain, they lost cause Auburn put more points on the board than the Gators, but most Gator fans can't count.

Florida didn't lose because of the rain, they lost cause Auburn put more points on the board than the Gators, but most Gator fans can't count.

150577[/snapback]

Yeah, 93&94 were flukes too I guess to the Floridian Gators, who play JAWS song to represent the gator chomp. How screwed up is that :poke:

Archived