IGN's mock draft

BamaGrad03

check it

http://sports.ign.com/articles/599/599408p1.html?fromint=1

No way matt jones goes before Braylon Edwards though.

153451[/snapback]

They don't have Matt Jones going before Braylon...That's Pac-Man Jones they have listed.

Also, you can take Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers out of the first round...I just don't see them going until 2nd round...

Also, you can take Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers out of the first round...I just don't see them going until 2nd round...

153452[/snapback]

Poppycock.

Question. Do you think Smith and Rodgers will go higher because of more years of "Success" than Campbell. I've seen them both and they're both legit so I have no problem with them being selected high. I'm just saying that JC has a ton of experience but his abilities were questioned by all the "experts" until his breakout senior year. I'm also the first to admit that while I've always loved JC as our signal caller, this year was the first year he's been able to show NFL caliber abilities.

Question.  Do you think Smith and Rodgers will go higher because of more years of "Success" than Campbell.  I've seen them both and they're both legit so I have no problem with them being selected high.  I'm just saying that JC has a ton of experience but his abilities were questioned by all the "experts" until his breakout senior year.  I'm also the first to admit that while I've always loved JC as our signal caller, this year was the first year he's been able to show NFL caliber abilities.

153503[/snapback]

They'll go higher because of the hype they've received. Prior to this year nobody had heard much about Alex Smith.

Yeah both Rogers and Smith will go...probably in top 10.

153493[/snapback]

Question.  Do you think Smith and Rodgers will go higher because of more years of "Success" than Campbell.  I've seen them both and they're both legit so I have no problem with them being selected high.  I'm just saying that JC has a ton of experience but his abilities were questioned by all the "experts" until his breakout senior year.  I'm also the first to admit that while I've always loved JC as our signal caller, this year was the first year he's been able to show NFL caliber abilities.

153503[/snapback]

They'll go higher because of the hype they've received. Prior to this year nobody had heard much about Alex Smith.

153505[/snapback]

Read this...

Don't believe the hype. Those present at Alex Smith's workout certainly didn't. Sure the former Utah quarterback looked good in working out in front of numerous scouts and personnel men on March 16. But his performance was nowhere near as good as the agents who leaked the workout "information" would have you believe. Smith's receivers at the workout were told not to run full speed and he worked almost exclusively out of the shotgun. "He sure looked clumsy taking the snap from under center," one scout revealed.

-- New York Post

I am not sure I believe the Post.

From ESPN Insider, the exact opposite.

He worked plenty out under the center and did VERY well. Agents didnt even say this, scouts did.

I guess the types of workouts they put a player through and the things they look for are really night and day compared to what a guy shows on a college playing field. I saw Smith play numerous times and was always impressed with him. I realize the competition was not the same for the most part but there never seemed to be a drop off when he faced teams like Texas A&M.

From what I've read though, JC's stock has really risen in his workouts. It'd be nice to see this guy get rewarded with a high draft pick. He's hung in there through more questions and adversity than anyone at AU. He never ran his mouth or questioned his own ability. He just worked hard, got better and did his job. Proud to call him an Auburn man.

From what I've read though, JC's stock has really risen in his workouts.  It'd be nice to see this guy get rewarded with a high draft pick.  He's hung in there through more questions and adversity than anyone at AU.  He never ran his mouth or questioned his own ability.  He just worked hard, got better and did his job.  Proud to call him an Auburn man.

153510[/snapback]

I'll second this post. :thumbsup:

both of those qbs will go in the top 15. i'm not sold that they're both top 10 to be honest. there are a LOT of players that are better at their position than those two guys: caddilac, ronnie, benson, edwards, mike williams, williamson, carlos rogers, rolle, pac man jones, derrick johnson (maybe the best player in the draft to me), barron, spears.... there are just too many top notch players at other positions to guarantee that both are top ten.

they are both top 15 simply because of the position they play though. i think jason has a real chance at going in the first round simply because he's a qb. that is THE position in the nfl. the falcons need a real backup (doug johnson???), the chargers may deal rivers and drafting jason would make that an easy thing to do, the pats have no backup either for that matter. he's got a shot in the late rounds. if green bay didn't have so many holes, i'd say that would be a good fit.

the draft is going to be fun this year b/c it's been since ricky and edge that the league has seen multiple franchise backs in the same year. there are three this year. i think all three are gone by number eight.

Archived