Moving Up The Draft Board...

Guest Tigrinum Major

The Cardinals' thinking is Benson won't time or test as well as Brown or Williams, but he's a better player than he is a workout warrior. He can run people over, keep his feet and his balance, and make the plays that keep the chains moving. He's not going to make as much money in signing bonus as the two Auburn backs, who will both go ahead of him, but he has a chance to be a more productive pro right away.

Ok, so not only do Carnell and Ronnie have better times than Benson, they also work harder than Benson, but Benson will be a more productive pro right away? WTF?? Am I reading that wrong??

Guest Tigrinum Major
The Cardinals' thinking is Benson won't time or test as well as Brown or Williams, but he's a better player than he is a workout warrior. He can run people over, keep his feet and his balance, and make the plays that keep the chains moving. He's not going to make as much money in signing bonus as the two Auburn backs, who will both go ahead of him, but he has a chance to be a more productive pro right away.

Ok, so not only do Carnell and Ronnie have better times than Benson, they also work harder than Benson, but Benson will be a more productive pro right away? WTF?? Am I reading that wrong??

154326[/snapback]

Nope, but consider the Cardinals' draft history over the past 20 years and take these comments with a grain of salt.

Also, remember, a lot of people were high on Ryan Leaf out of college, even a s questions about his attitude were being floated. Don't you know the Chargers are regretting that draft?

He also has personality issues that might echo a little too much of Ricky Williams and his penchant for aloofness.

That's hilarious. He already has the "Ricky Williams" label and he's not even drafted yet...I'm sure Benson is a HUGE Ricky fan. :rolleyes:

Yea, just like Ricky did.......... :big: I personally think Ronnie will be the Better Back out of the three, years down the road. That's just me though. And as far as Jason goes, I'm hoping that he can get in with a Great System.......Kinda like the Titans' Norm Chow System.

1. i can understand what they mean about benson: some folks (ignorantly) think caddilac may not end up being an every down back. ronnie's never been a full-time starter. benson is a gamer. i can see the argument whether i agree or not.

2. i once read an interview with benson where he listed ricky as his biggest inspiration. that was before the quitting, but still, it warrants mentioning.

3. i still say caddilac will be the best. he was the best high school back in the nation. he was the best college back in the nation. i think the trend continues b/c no one out works him off the field.

4. jason's going to make someone look really, really smart.

5. carlos is better than pac man, antrelle, or fabian. whoever drafts him will have a pro bowler within three years at a very tough position.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Another nice article on JC.

Peter King - SI

Long read, but interesting, including a scenario where the Niners take Brown with the Number One pick and use their pick at the top of the second round to take Jason. That would be enough to make me a San Fran fan.

Another nice article on JC.

Peter King - SI

Long read, but interesting, including a scenario where the Niners take Brown with the Number One pick and use their pick at the top of the second round to take Jason.  That would be enough to make me a San Fran fan.

155202[/snapback]

I love to see 'em on the same team again, but don't think I'd wish California residence on anybody. ..earthquakes, mudslides, forest fires, Hollyweirdness, and the "Governator"? ...ssweet home Alabama!

Long read, but interesting, including a scenario where the Niners take Brown with the Number One pick and use their pick at the top of the second round to take Jason.  That would be enough to make me a San Fran fan.

155202[/snapback]

Noooo! Ronnie to Miami, Carnell to TB, Jason to Tenn. Border states baby!

2. Miami Dolphins (4-12)

Ronnie Brown | RB | Auburn

The Dolphins' best bet would be trading down in order to acquire extra picks, but that scenario is unlikely. New head coach Nick Saban and his staff have addressed needs along the offensive line and throughout the defense via free agency. They also have decided that QB A.J. Feeley is their starter for at least one year, in which he will be evaluated within the new scheme. That leaves running back as the top need and Brown as the most deserving candidate. Benson might be the more powerful runner and Williams might be the most elusive, but Brown is the best overall running back in this year's draft. Brown is big, strong and fast enough to carry a heavy load in the NFL and he also possesses considerably better skills in the passing game than those of Benson and Williams.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11)

Carnell Williams | RB | Auburn

The Buccaneers could go in several different directions with this pick, including RB, OT, OG, QB, WR, DT or DB. Looking at the probabilities regarding how the top of the draft board will unfold, RB is likely to be the position that the Bucs will get their best value with the fifth overall pick. While Benson is a better fit for an offense looking for a load-carrying power runner, Williams is a better fit for Jon Gruden's version of the West Coast offense. Williams still needs to improve as a blocker, but he's the shiftiest and most elusive of the top three backs (Brown and Benson) and has the hands to become a legitimate weapon as a receiver out of the backfield. It also won't hurt Williams' chances that Gruden fell in love with him while coaching him at the Senior Bowl.

16. New Orleans Saints (8-8)

Carlos Rogers | DC | Auburn

The Saints failed to land the prospects they wanted in the first round of the last two drafts ( DT Dewayne Robertson in 2003 and LBs Jonathan Vilma and D.J. Williams in 2004) so a more aggressive approach might be in order this year. The problem the team faces is that there won't be good values at its two biggest positions of need -- ROT and LB. One option could be to move up in order to secure a prospect such as Texas OLB Derrick Johnson or FSU OT Alex Barron. If not, the best move will be to upgrade the cornerback position with some much-needed youth. Rogers has good size and speed. Most importantly, he is a physical cover corner with the athletic ability and confidence to play both man-to-man and zone coverage in the NFL.

51. Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans ) (10-6)

Jason Campbell | QB | Auburn

If a good deal at the quarterback position presents itself the Packers won't be afraid to pull the trigger for Brett Favre's heir apparent.

I think it would be AUsome if JC got to back up The great Brett Favre I think that he would fit good there.

Here is the link but you have to be an Insider

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=2033415

1. Aaron Rodgers

3. Alex Smith

4. Braylon Edwards

6. Mike Williams

14 . Cedric Benson :huh:

Archived