Tommy Tuberville Needs To Go

Tigerdog

Too many Jekyl and Hyde games

Too much bragging about his talent, and too little delivery of wins

Ineffective

Inefficient

I dont care about dropped passes or bad execution

Brandon Jacobs NEVER made it into the game.

Tre smith ineffective at returner. (cadillac and aromoshadu were pretty good, but avg in terms of SEC retuners)

Campbells ineffectiveness is tearing the au faithful apart!!

CTT promising him he will start, that he wont sign anyone else, that tre smith will not be replaced at punt returner, that 4 OC will work

That CTT bragging about the talent level and the "Best team he has ever had in his 9 yrs in the SEC" just wont cut it.

It s time to do what is best for the TEAM, not stick to what you promised the damn players!!

Its simple really; false promises and bad play design.

He just Cant deliver! plain and simple

Cant coach. Game day coaching is TERRIBLE!

I dont care if he beat Georgia and alabama.

we are at 6-4!!

We suck!

Now we have Sherrill & Tuberville, being replaced

The Headlines should read "Who WILL the next coach at AU be in 2004?"

TOMMY:

Downright PATHETIC!

ITs time to resign!

Like Fyffe used to say, "My time is up, I thank you for Yours."

Good Riddance! TUBBS

This has been the worst season of my life. I have never been this disappointed.

You obviously don't remember the Barefield years (BTW he was a good OC)

You don't remember the Tint Tot years?

You don't remember Shug's 1976 team?

I even remember people wanted Shugs head when Sully's senior year didn't go as well as expected.

Thats peoples nature, they love a guy when he's doing well, and hate him when he's doing bad. The internet only magnifies it, because people can call names all the want through the protective blanket of aninomity. We should have won this game, we didn't so the yells of "fire CTT" start all over again. :rolleyes:

The missed field goals this year has gotten on my nerves so badly, also the missed field goals last year!!

Right now.. I am only mad about that dropped TD pass. BTW.. did you guys see Jason Campbell actually run a little more today? It worked too.. I think he should do it more often.

I just can't let football get to me so much.. just have to remember there is always a next year. If we win out.. and win our bowl game.. we would be 9-4.. Same as last year. :-/

Right now.. I am only mad about that dropped TD pass.

I am not mad at all about that pass, I was furious during the game when we missed those red zone opportunites. You do NOT beat a QB like Manning by kicking (and missing) field goals. A couple of TDs in the middle of the game when we were RIGHT there, and Manning would have been scrambling for his life in the 4th qtr, trying to come back...

Thats peoples nature, they love a guy when he's doing well, and hate him when he's doing bad. The internet only magnifies it, because people can call names all the want through the protective blanket of aninomity. We should have won this game, we didn't so the yells of "fire CTT" start all over again. :rolleyes:

I think they (CTT critics) start every year after unfulfilled promises/expectations. Typical Tubby. #7 preseason rank, predicted NC, now 6-4, no SEC championship (no even another Tubby "Co-champion") :D , ... I think that's fair enough criticism.

:au:

Not to mention he is getting $1.5 million/year. He is getting championship dollars while not providing the AU faithful with any championships. What kind of message does it send when we give this guy a huge contract and a $3 million buy out clause in his contract after winning 9 games. Thats no worse than having a clause in Shula's ( a first year coach) contract where he gets a bonus for winning 7 games while they're on probation.

First to Tarheel,Nobody called for Shugs head during Sullys sr. year They only lost the last two games including the bowl game. The anger and frustration is due to great expectations and grand promises that evaporate like the dew in the light of reality.If losing is okay with you and mediocrity is your gaol don't get upset with those whose sights are set higher.

If losing is okay with you and mediocrity is your gaol don't get upset with those whose sights are set higher.

First of all, you have no idea who I am, what my goals are and what is OK with me. I assure you that my goals are fine and my tolerance for failing in my personal goals is low.

Now on to the rest of your post, what promises are you reffering to? I may be wrong, but can't think of any time we were "promised" anything this season. I will agree that I am also pissed with the earlier losses we have had this year. Here's the way I view them:

USC - a very good team to be sure, and I could have stomached that loss had it not been so one sided. It's a tough opener, both teams are strong and someone has to loose

GT - never should have happened, and if that game was replayed 10 times we wouldn't loose again. I can see blaming the coaches on that for not getting the team to "shake it off"

LSU - the players lost that one, pure and simple. No game plan in the world could have helped after the first quarter.

Ole Miss - we were in position to win, a missed FG and a droped pass stopped it.

As a fan I can see where people are angry, heck I am too. But as a coach I also realize that the players have alot to do with the outcome of the games too. I think there needs to be a change at OC at the end of this year, but I would necessarily call for anyones job. Nall is a good O-line coach, but I feel he is streched too thin and OC isn't his thing. I would argue about keeping Emsinger as a QB coach, he has a pretty good track record of coaching QB's and I feel that a QB coach is a needed position. But I don't think either of them should be an OC.

On a side note, where JC had one of his better performances this year he was far from stellar. The long TD pass probrbaly should have been an INT, and I saw too many passes thrown too low. But overall it wasn't a bad game either. I definitley am glad he decided to tuck it and run a few times - that really seems to help keep the defense on its toes.

I BELIEVE THE POST WAS ADDRESSED TO TARHEEL BUT YOU CAME IN WITH GUNS BLAZING AS YOU ATTACKED THOSE WHO ARE UNHAPPY WITH THIS LOST SEASON OF OPPORTUNITY . The promise was in the potential of the team which was wasted by the coaches. You represent yourself as accepting of mediocrity.I do not claim to know you.

No.

Because someone is getting a little hot under the collar.

Civilized discussion is a much better alternative and the first thing you are taught when you take debate is to pause to think your comments through.

He just needs to chill

I BELIEVE THE POST WAS ADDRESSED TO TARHEEL BUT YOU CAME IN WITH GUNS BLAZING AS YOU ATTACKED THOSE WHO ARE UNHAPPY WITH THIS LOST SEASON OF OPPORTUNITY . The promise was in the potential of the team which was wasted by the coaches. You represent yourself as accepting of mediocrity.I do not claim to know you.

Well there buddy if you will read you own post you start as saying "First to Tarheel" that would imply that the rest of you post would be directed to someone else, don't ya think?

Just because I don't run around yelling to fire people constantly does not mean I accept anything - quit with your childish temper tantrum. I did not "attack" anyone, I merely pointed out the obvious.

As far as you post about the "promise was in the potential" segment of your post it sounds like the only promise that was made was by, and to, yourself. I had as high an expectation for this team as anyone did, I assure you. But thats part of what makes college football so entertaining - anything can happen. Make no mistake, I get pissed off when Auburn looses - but I do have an issue with the pointless posts that are overly negative, there is nothing constructive that can come of them.

Oh, and you can fix your caps lock key - typing in caps really doesn't impress anyone :rolleyes:

Let's change the subject and liitle and make everyone feel worse. We all know who we have lost to, but do you realize who we have beatin'?

Vanderbilt 1-9

Western Kentucky 7-3 (AA)

Tennessee 7-2

Arkansas 6-3

Mississippi St. 2-6

Louisiana Monroe 1-9

Ouch!!

Tuberville in my opinion does the best he can do. I am sure he is fealling very bad inside about the picks of the OC. I am sure he will be getting a new OC after this year. It seems like we focus more on the wimpy team games more than the tougher games. Wait, I figured it out... ITS OUR OFFENSIVE LINE! How many times did you see Ole Miss linemen, linebackers, etc getting into the backfield before we could run the ball! I saw it lots of times.. and our coaches knew it.. Especially since it was 3rd and 2.. and we passed both times.. which usually we would run it up the gut.

Guess I will just look forward to next year.. err or I will just look forward to Cubs baseball for another run at the World Series.. damn. Everyteam I like loses in some kind of stupid way. Watch the Indianapolis Colts start losing now.

Thats another reason why I don't think Nall can wear the O-line and OC hats at the same time very well. Move him back to jus the O-line and get a real OC.

Archived