Are college football games super spreaders?...

SaturdayGT

I don't doubt that humans are affecting our climate. The problem is despite what many are saying nobody has a real fix that is humane. In the US we have lowered air pollution greatly in the last 50 years.

https://gispub.epa.gov/air/trendsreport/2020/#introduction

That has been offset dramatically by increases from other countries with China and India being the largest offenders but as more third world countries improve their standard of living any gains we make in the US are offset by many times what we cut back.  The reason I say Humane should we stop the third world countries from advancing. Green energy is getting more cost effective and I really think we will see changes because of economic impact. Better more efficient cheap solar panels, better more efficient Wind Farms with cheap reliable energy storage will happen in Modern countries reducing our emissions dramatically but it won't happen overnight. Reliable safe, fast re-charging batteries with a long life cycle will cause electric cars to take off but again initially only in modern countries. When it becomes cheaper for a third world county to build a Wind Farm or solar farm with energy storage you will just start to see a change.  Poor people every penny counts they will implement the cheapest energy they can as heating and cooling and cooking now is more important then what will happen down the road in 20 years.

I am not a climate denier I am an economic realist. Cost counts even when Green is more efficient and cheaper there is still a cost associated with shutting down something that is already paid for and building something new. Long term it probably is cost effective but poor countries often can not afford to look long term. 

• Like 2