Leaving the Coast

Not by choice, my company is making me go to Hotlanta to work for the 1st part of next week. This storm has really ruined my whole weekend!

144557W_sm.gif

Some parishes in New Orleans area are doing voluntary exacuations but I think its pretty assured that we won't get it

Deep - I think Atlanta's gonna be a better place to be than HERE!

Southlink - does it hurt your feelings that I want this storm to head west? ;)

I'm getting sick and tired of Jim Cantore showing up on my beach - he's no longer welcome. :angry:

Everyone down here - be safe. :)

I just returned from a 6 hour round trip to carry a friend a generator. He lives in Mobile. Our Company has a branch office there. I located the generator and took it to him. HE OWES ME BIGTIME ! ! ! :D

Some parishes in New Orleans area are doing voluntary exacuations but I think its pretty assured that we won't get it

167899[/snapback]

The mother-in-law from N'Awlins already has her plane ticket - ETA tomorrow morning. At least this time she is not making my hubby drive the 6 hours to board up her house, then drive back to Houston in the middle of evac traffic, like she did for Ivan.

Guess I am going home to clean house.

I just returned from a 6 hour round trip to carry a friend a generator. He lives in Mobile. Our Company has a branch office there. I located the generator and took it to him. HE OWES ME BIGTIME ! ! !  :D

167933[/snapback]

Well, bless yor' lil' Timmy heart... :big:

Deepseas,

Only yankees run from hurricanes. I'll be riding it out in Mobile on Azalea st. next to the Greek Orthodox church.

I'm staying with friends in a brick house. I hope still have a home when it's over. All we can do is pray for the safety of my home and my computers. I hope i dont have another 4 month vacation from AU forums. At least I did get to go to the Sugar Bowl! WDE

I hope most of you are heeding the evacuation order and getting out by now. This thing is a monster and people who stay in it's way are going to suffer or pay the ultimate price. Cat 4 with 145 mph winds as I type...and expected to strengthen.

Be safe and smart, everybody!

Weather heads on t.v. don't expect Dennis to reach Cat 5, but he's still a mean character.

Looks like it could hit just east of P'cola. Between Gulf Breeze and Destin is mostly Air Force land, one of the least developed stretches of coast line along the Emerald Coast. While bad for Navarre and the little bit of FWB that is developed, it would be a lot worse if it came in at Destin and wiped out all of that new stuff from there to PCB...

Any and all of you who will be affected by this storm, be careful and keep yourself and your loved ones safe. Have been and will be praying.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I was in Spanish Fort until yesterday (my son's team is 2-0 in their tourney) and the remainder of the baseball tournament was cancelled/pending rescheduling. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you that will be riding out the storm. We have a ton of friends and family from Enterprise to Jackson, AL and all points inbetween.

Be safe!

Deepseas, 

Only yankees run from hurricanes.  I'll be riding it out in Mobile on Azalea st. next to the Greek Orthodox church.

168000[/snapback]

Didn't I see you @ Turner Field in Atlanta on Sunday, even spoke to you for a while? You talk a big game, but I can only conclude from your earlier post that you must be from up north.

Hoorah! M-i-l stayed in New Orleans, didn't even get any rain, and I didn't have to clean house! Whoopee!! :D

I actually have a great m-i-l - I just wasn't prepared for a rush house clean job, you know?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Hoorah!  M-i-l stayed in New Orleans, didn't even get any rain, and I didn't have to clean house!  Whoopee!!  :D

I actually have a great m-i-l - I just wasn't prepared for a rush house clean job, you know?

168234[/snapback]

Good for you, Jenny. My question is why do we do that? Don't our parents remember what slobs we were growing up? Do they really think our spouses have changed us that much?

Southlink - does it hurt your feelings that I want this storm to head west?  ;)

Just hope you realize that the Sugar Bowl will need to be moved if a Catagory 4-5 does hit New Orleans :(

Just hope you realize that the Sugar Bowl will need to be moved if a Catagory 4-5 does hit New Orleans :(

168333[/snapback]

Won't matter to us - we'll be in Pasadena anyway... :big:

• 8 months later...

168333[/snapback]

:moon:

I am in the library and am THAT bored right now so give me some leeway on pulling up an old thread

Archived