Ronnie needs to sign...

Raven_tiger

I have heard the holdout is over the money but are there any other issues making it worse. Any ideas?

I think Ronnie will sign in the next couple of days. His agent is attempting to get him as much $$$ as possible. Nothing wrong with that! :)

apparently the hold up is around $3M of guaranteed money. Ronnie and his agent are basing this off of past years comparison's of guaranteed money between the 1st and 2nd round pick - what the Dolphins are offering him as compared to what the 49ers gave to Alex Smith is not at a compareable percentage to those of the last few years . . .

but I agree - he needs to get his butt in camp

apparently the hold up is around $3M of guaranteed money.  Ronnie and his agent are basing this off of past years comparison's of guaranteed money between the 1st and 2nd round pick - what the Dolphins are offering him as compared to what the 49ers gave to Alex Smith is not at a compareable percentage to those of the last few years . . .

but I agree - he needs to get his butt in camp

172093[/snapback]

Ronnie and his agent do need to realize that QBs are going to get more money than a comparable RB. QBs are a hotter commodity than RBs in the NFL these days and command more money at the same draft slot.

I want Ronnie to get what he deserves, but don't drag this out any further. When you're talking the kind of money he's going to make, nitpicking like this isn't going to win him any friends.

This is how I feel about all of it... I think the players should earn their money on the football fields... NFL. Some money that players are receiving as rookies is ridiculous. Then again, if they have the money to do this, then go ahead.

well, keep in mind that football players salaries are not guaranteed - so the signing bonus is the only money they keep if they get hurt . .

well, keep in mind that football players salaries are not guaranteed - so the signing bonus is the only money they keep if they get hurt . .

172144[/snapback]

Very good point.

Archived