PF, Shula, and 2006

DKW 86

Yesterday PF was alluding to the 2006 being awful if Shula stays. He is providing plenty of heat for motivation for the team and Shula this year calling for Shula's head already. 2006 Awful? Look at that schedule. I see an easy 6-5 or 7-4 even with Brodie gone and half the D graduating.

Just look at some facts:

2006 SCHEDULE

W Sep 2 Hawaii Tuscaloosa

W Sep 9 Vanderbilt* Tuscaloosa

W Sep 16 Louisiana-Monroe Tuscaloosa

W-L Sep 23 at Arkansas* Fayetteville, AR

L Sep 30 at Florida* Gainesville, FL

W Oct 14 Ole Miss* Tuscaloosa

L Oct 21 at Tennessee* Knoxville, TN

W Oct 28 Florida International Tuscaloosa :blink:

W Nov 4 Mississippi State* Tuscaloosa

L Nov 11 at LSU* Baton Rouge, LA

L Nov 18 Auburn* Tuscaloosa

Guest Tigrinum Major

Listen to him tomorrow and he will be eschewing the virtues of keeping Shula since more instability in the program will not be good. I am about to follow the advice of alexthegreat and quit listening to the little weasel. I am in Anniston for two weeks and don't have access to listen to him unless I made a special effort.

Personally, Bama made a mistake in my opinion with Shula, but now that they have him, they need to keep him for a while. They entered into this hiring without clear objectives or a clear exit strategy.

That is a pretty killer road schedule: Arkansas in Fayetteville, Tennessee in Knoxville, Florida in the Swamp, LSU in Death Valley, and Auburn in Jordan-Hare West!

But then, the rest of their games are cupcakes in Tuscaloosa.

Agreeance on the killer road schedule, but still the non-conf slate is weak and I have heard rumors that the 12th game for Bama in 06-07 will be Duke. Wow Bama way to go out on a limb and take on the Blue Devils...in football. Shula is going to be on a major hot seat if Bama wins only 6-7 games this year and the same the following year after losing Brodie-The Savior-Croyle and other key players.

Agreeance on the killer road schedule, but still the non-conf slate is weak and I have heard rumors that the 12th game for Bama in 06-07 will be Duke. Wow Bama way to go out on a limb and take on the Blue Devils...in football. Shula is going to be on a major hot seat if Bama wins only 6-7 games this year and the same the following year after losing Brodie-The Savior-Croyle and other key players.

172485[/snapback]

Says the guy who obviously hasnt seen this year's au schedule.

You HEARD we were getting Duke and you have no CLUE as to who AU is getting yet you go ahead and BASH us? whatever

Personally, Bama made a mistake in my opinion with Shula, but now that they have him, they need to keep him for a while.  They entered into this hiring without clear objectives or a clear exit strategy.

172417[/snapback]

He was also a last resort. How many turned them down before they offered it to Shula?

Personally, Bama made a mistake in my opinion with Shula, but now that they have him, they need to keep him for a while.  They entered into this hiring without clear objectives or a clear exit strategy.

172417[/snapback]

He was also a last resort. How many turned them down before they offered it to Shula?

172489[/snapback]

Actually, no one. Once Mike Price was fired, Shula was the only one offered the job.

172417[/snapback]

172489[/snapback]

Actually, no one. Once Mike Price was fired, Shula was the only one offered the job.

172492[/snapback]

So it was Price who was the last resort?

Auburn plays Temple, Tulane, and Villanova in OOC play in 2006 with a fourth opponent to be anounced later, geez BG I guess I really don't know anything. I don't know who Auburn is going to pick up for the the 12th game next year and all I did was bring up the fact that I had read a rumor that Bama picked up Duke and made a snide comment. BG since when did you become so touchy :huh: . When Shula takes Bama to Durham, N.C. you can go to the game and take a picture of Wallace Wade Stadium and tell everybody how he left Bama to go to Duke.

Archived