Oregon to finally allow its citizens to pump their own gas?

https://www.oregonlive.com/commuting/2023/06/oregon-lawmakers-vote-to-allow-self-serve-gas-statewide-ending-decades-long-ban.html

Having never been to either of the states that still have laws on the books prohibiting pumping your own gas (New Jersey is the other), I can't even imagine NOT having the option to take care of filling up my vehicle myself.  Just seems like one of those "that's still on the books?" laws that was long overdue to be changed.  I guess their governor will sign the bill, but I don't know for sure.

I am old enough to remember the full-service vs. self-service option, but there was at least the option to do it yourself.

Any Oregon residents on here want to give us their thoughts, or has anyone inadvertently tried to pump their own gas in Oregon and gotten fussed at?

2 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

https://www.oregonlive.com/commuting/2023/06/oregon-lawmakers-vote-to-allow-self-serve-gas-statewide-ending-decades-long-ban.html

Having never been to either of the states that still have laws on the books prohibiting pumping your own gas (New Jersey is the other), I can't even imagine NOT having the option to take care of filling up my vehicle myself.  Just seems like one of those "that's still on the books?" laws that was long overdue to be changed.  I guess their governor will sign the bill, but I don't know for sure.

I am old enough to remember the full-service vs. self-service option, but there was at least the option to do it yourself.

Any Oregon residents on here want to give us their thoughts, or has anyone inadvertently tried to pump their own gas in Oregon and gotten fussed at?

I’ve traveled to & thru OR quite a bit.  It was a total surprise to me the 1st time I pulled in to fill up & was politely told I “wasn’t allowed” to pump my own gas - even in eastern OR in the middle of nowhere.  

I just thought it was an anachronistic attempt to “protect jobs.”  OK, have at it.  When in Rome …

On 6/25/2023 at 10:37 AM, SLAG-91 said:

Remember as a child when everything was full service. Fill up, windshield wash, oil and fluids check. 

• Like 3