Nip time yet?

WaReAgLe83

I think I heard where the high on Monday will only be in the mid-80's in Bhm area. I think the "nip" will be called very,very soon. :D

here in Phenix City, AL. it felt really cool this morning and even with the sun out today there is a swift breeze providing just enough "cool" to bring us ever so close to the calling of the NIP

I understand the impatience. I understand the desire for the "Calling of the Nip" to take place asap. But.......I just don't feel it....yet. I am waiting for the REAL "Nip".

It is a HEAVY burden. :D People all across the nation are watching and waiting. Did the Pope ask "Michael, When are you gonna' be finished painting that darn Chapel ceiling?" :D

I will call the Nip when I feel it. That is the best I can do. Sure, I could call a pre-mature Nip. That would be like putting uat players in Orange & Blue jerseys and calling 'em :au: Tigers. It just ain't gonna' happen. "Not on My watch." B)

Hang in there. Football Season kicks off in eight days. The Nip must and will be called before then. It always has been. Look at it like Christmas. It seems that it will never arrive, but, It is well worth the wait when it FINALLY rolls around.!

WAR EAGLE!

Hurry NIP Hurry! :au:

p.s. I will attend a HS game tonight and will be doing a TON of work in my yard over the weekend. That may be just the ticket. :big:

Beware, lest when ye think not, the nip cometh. And lo, a great chill shall fall upon all who enjoy such sport as Auburn football and a roar will be heard in the heavens above and the earth below. Then shall it be said of a truth, the days of the enemy are numbered and the loveliest village shall be the home of the victors. :au:

Beware, lest when ye think not, the nip cometh. And lo, a great chill shall fall upon all who enjoy such sport as Auburn football and a roar will be heard in the heavens above and the earth below. Then shall it be said of a truth, the days of the enemy are numbered and the loveliest village shall be the home of the victors. :au:

176398[/snapback]

PREACH ON BROTHER!!!!!!!!!

I think it may be soon. It was actually 88F in Houston yesterday. Of course, it is back in the 90+ today, but there for a minute... :big:

Cooler weather today in SC as well. I had to drive from Columbia, where it was cool, to Charleston, where it's still muggy.

I was praying to get home and find that The Nip had been declared, but, alas, War Tim is right.

Tim is the man. He will call no Nip before its time.

War Damn Eagle!

Guest Tigrinum Major

And lo, at the proper time, the Nip was called, and the Nip was good, and WarTim looked down upon the Nip and smiled and said, "Let the football season begin." And the hills opened up with a mighty roar, much like that of a Tiger, and the air was heavy with smoke, filling the Jungle, and somewhere far away, the words "Touchdownnnnnnnnnn, Auburnnnnnnnn!" echoed, audible only to those true believers...

Damn, I got chills just typing that.

I've got a WAV file of Jim's signature call and the fight song on my laptop. Whenever I have the disadvantage of viewing my Tigers on a screen instead of with my naked eye, I keep the laptop on and hit 'em back to back every time we score. If I close my eyes tight enough, I can almost smell Lee County!

Dadgum, I'm ready!!! :football:

I hav ethe pleasure, or dis-pleasure, depending on how you look at if you are one of the really impatient types, of driving by JHS fequently this summer. With all the talk of football on WEN and message boards all over, I have just about become one of those types. Driving by JHS, I can see the streets filled with orange and blue, the smell of hot dogs and hamburgers on the grills, the stumbling drunk idiot corndog that almost pucked on my shoe, no wait bad memeory from college. Seeing all the Auburn faithfull flooding into JHS. The roar of the battle cry as Tiger flies over the field. Just sends chill bumps all over!!!!!!!!

WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

EAGLE!!!

HEY!!!!

:cheer::cheer:

Okay. You guys and gals have gotten me fired up now! I am gonna' have to get my butt in gear and do some SERIOUS "Nip searchin'" over the weekend. My poor brother has called me, from Atlanta, every other night for the past two weeks, hoping that "it" had been called and he simply missed my phone call. Alas, there just is not a "Nip".........yet.

Hang in there.....The "Nip" is just around the corner. :big:

p.s. My Lovelly Bride STILL thinks I/We are idiots over the whole "Nip" thing.

She is half right. :D

p.s.s. Great posts hbc and major! :):thumbsup:

Birmingham: yesterday while driving back to my office the weather lady on one of the local stations said there wouldn't likely be thunderstorms yesterday because cooler air had moved into the state. I pressed the temperature button on the dash to see if this was true and by golly ... it was only 93 degrees ... it makes you shiver doesn't it?

Remember, kingfish, the "Nip" is not only temperature related. It actually has very little to do with the temperature. It is a state of mind. It is the first hint (the smell of burning leaves-fallen leaves on the ground-Fall grass begining to sprout-that "smell" of FOOTBALL in the night air-jaydubb ending his moritorium and actually TALKING Auburn Football) that let's me/us know that "THAT" time of year is upon us.

"Call it karma, Call is extra sensatory perseption" Jim Varney :)

I will call NO "Nip" before it's time. B)

"It" will be here very soon......"I gotta' a Feeling". :au:

It started to get down right chilly on the golf course this morn riding around in the cart. I wished i had my auburn jacket with at the time.

7 days and i will be on the plains :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Archived