Players talk about life under Bruce Pearl

aubiefifty

• Thanks 1

the top date is wrong guys...............this is new.

• Thanks 1

si.com

Auburn HC Bruce Pearl speaks ahead of Legends Classic in NYC

Daniel Locke
2–3 minutes

Auburn is set to take on Notre Dame and either Oklahoma State or St. Bonaventure at the Legends Classic at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York this week. What did Pearl have to say ahead of the trip?

The Auburn Tigers are set to travel to Brooklyn, New York later this week. They will take on the Notre Dame on Thursday. On Friday, they will take on either Oklahoma State or St. Bonaventure.

Auburn head coach Bruce Pearl addressed the media today in order to preview the trip.

"We're excited about Thursday/Friday, to go to Brooklyn and play in the Legends Classic," Pearl said. "I think they are going to do some fun things regarding our legends that we're going to get to see. Legends like Marquis Daniels and Charles Barkley a couple of our great former players as this Auburn basketball team tries to make history of its own."

Pearl talked about going up against a historic program like Notre Dame. 

"Historic program, historic university," Pearl said. "Great history and tradition. This is the second time I've gotten to play against Notre Dame."

Pearl talked about how much he respects Notre Dame head coach Micah Shrewsberry.

"I've known Micah for years because he was on those Butler staffs," Pearl said. "...Then I watched his teams at Penn State play and I went oh my gosh, they're so good, they're so well coached."

Pearl talked about St. Bonaventure's proximity to Brooklyn and how he expects it to play a factor.

"St. Bonaventure is obviously in New York," Pearl said. "We knew while it would be a neutral site, there was also a chance it could be a hostile environment."

Auburn and Notre Dame will tip off at 8 p.m. CT on Thursday and the broadcast can be found on ESPN2. Auburn will take on either Oklahoma State or St. Bonaventure on Friday. Tipoff will be at either 3 p.m. or 6 p.m. CT and the broadcast can be found on ESPN2 or ESPNU.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Players talk about life under Bruce Pearl

We are the best team at this showcase and need these wins. Likely will be quad 2 and 3 games so we don't need to drop them. All of them have decent name values, but none rate well in the metrics right now. St. Bonaventure (99 Kenpom), Ok. St. (79 Kenpom), Notre Dame (201 Kenpom).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1