Men vs Indiana/Pearl indiana presser

aubiefifty

Edited by aubiefifty

• aubiefifty changed the title to Can Auburn Basketball handle Indiana?/Pearl indiana presser

si.com

What did Bruce Pearl have to say ahead of Auburn's game against Indiana?

Daniel Locke
2–3 minutes

The Tigers are set to take on the Indiana Hoosiers this Saturday. What did Bruce Pearl have to say ahead of the matchup?

The Auburn Tigers will take on the Indiana Hoosiers at Holiday Hoopsgiving at State Farm Arena in Atlanta on Saturday.

Auburn head coach Bruce Pearl previewed the matchup during his press conference this morning.

"Indiana is obviously a blue blood," Pearl said. "It's a historic program out of the Big 10. What an opportunity for us to play one of the blue bloods in college basketball. I say that with all due respect."

Pearl spoke about legendary Indiana coach Bob Knight who passed away in November.

"I coached nine years at Southern Indiana and I was there when Coach Knight was there (Indiana)," Pearl said. "One of the things I was doing as a young head coach was watching Coach Knight. I was listening to his radio show and I was always so impressed with how he communicated with fans."

Pearl talked about what he is expecting from the game on Saturday.

"This is going to be a very physical game on Saturday," Pearl said. "Indiana obviously coming out of the Big 10 has two dominating post players."

Pearl talked about how his team responded to the loss against Appalachian State on Sunday.

"Our guys know we did a lot of good things," Pearl said. "The biggest thing is confidence. I want my guys to be confident and if they're open I want them to shoot."

Tipoff is set for 1 p.m. CT on Saturday. The television broadcast can be found on ESPN2.

blue blood is an outdated and stupid term invented by the media. No such thing anymore and now sounds arrogant and superior to everyone else.

Of course be respectable of their history but go out and beat them.

• WarTiger changed the title to Men vs Indiana/Pearl indiana presser