2025 Schedule Wishlist/Predictions?

woodford

Let's assume the SEC keeps the 2 permanent rivals + 6 rotating schools for 2025. Who would you like to see Auburn play in 2025? Let's also assume they will rotate between 5 and 4 home conference games per year. This year we get 5 at home so in 2025 we might get 4.

in 2024 we play: Arkansas, Oklahoma, at Georgia, at Mizzou, at Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, and Alabama.

That leaves 25 open to these schools: Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Ole Miss, MSU, LSU, and Texas

I'd like to see UGA/Bama switched up for home/away so I'd be fine playing in Athens again in 25 to off-set the two permanent rivals going forward. My ideal/most interesting schedule would be:

at Florida

South Carolina (September)

at Tennessee

at Ole Miss

at Georgia

Texas (October)

Mississippi State

Alabama (November)

That would give you 3 big conference games in each month for recruiting purposes. If you haven't checked, we play at Baylor to open the 2025 season. I want Florida and OM because they are both due for a serious a$$ whooping (but that's just me)

Worth noting that your numbers don’t quiiiite add up. 2 + 6 + 6 = 14 not 15

That said I’m almost certain they’ll throw another schedule together without any real plan going forward. Basically I expect the vast majority of key rivalries to continue.

36 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Worth noting that your numbers don’t quiiiite add up. 2 + 6 + 6 = 14 not 15

That said I’m almost certain they’ll throw another schedule together without any real plan going forward. Basically I expect the vast majority of key rivalries to continue.

Maybe my brain is fried because it’s Friday or I misspoke but not sure what you mean? 

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Maybe my brain is fried because it’s Friday or I misspoke but not sure what you mean? 

The rotation equation has to add up to 15. It's why the two commonly proposed scheduling models are 1/7/7 and 3/6/6, both add up to 15.

The first two years of the 14 team era were also technically stop gaps in terms of cross division opponents and even some intra-division games were played in the same spot two years in a row, so it's not hard to imagine the same thing happening here. 

By the time the 2026 schedules are made, a season of the 12 team playoff will have happened to make everyone feel better about being able to make it. It all smacks of saber rattling to me; I just don't think all the hand-wringing about rivalry loss is going to be proven justified.

Edited by AUwent