Trey Blackmon????

tigerman1186

hasn't and barring injury won't play. merrill johnson with an elbow brace played ahead of him on saturday at the same position. that pretty much says it all for me.

On the way back from the game on Saturday that was a question on the call in show. Dont remember which coach was answering questions but he said that as long as everyone stays healthy they were hoping to be able to redshirt him.

I couldn't believe all the folks on here talking about him pushing for big playing time. With the depth we have at LB, I couldn't imagine playing a 192 pound true freshman; it just seemed a waste of a year's eligibility. If he is good enough to play at this stage of his development, imagine what he will be with a year in the system and at 205, adding about 5 pounds a year 'til he is a senior.

Linebacker is probably the most difficult position (save QB) to learn and adjust to at the college level. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only Freshman LBs in the past 10 yrs that I can remember really making an impact in their freshman year would be Saleem Rasheed and Ernie "I don't care if that number is retired, I want it" Simms. So I would say that Blackmon not starting has a lot to do with our depth and also wit the fact that LB is just a really hard position to pick up at the D-1 level. I look for the coaches to do all they can to RS him. He should be turning some heads by next year.

Archived