"The Catch"

StatTiger

There was a post on the ITAT board about Alabama contacting Daniel Moore about painting Tyrone Protho's wonderful reception against Southern Miss. I don't know if this is Internet BS but the following image came to mind...

thecatch18vo.jpg

Seriously speaking, TP's catch was one of the best I have ever seen. Major :thumbsup: to this young man!

:au::football::cheer:

There was a post on the ITAT board about Alabama contacting Daniel Moore about painting Tyrone Protho's wonderful reception against Southern Miss. I don't know if this is Internet BS but the following image came to mind...

thecatch15hc.jpg

Seriously speaking, TP's catch was one of the best I have ever seen. Major  :thumbsup:   to this young man!

:au:   :football:   :cheer:

181732[/snapback]

HAHA, everytime i see that pick i think the caption should read, Just getting Friendly Dont mind me :big::D:blink:

From that view, it appears that TP could be guilty of offensive holding, but then we know Bammers never hold.

181739[/snapback]

Only if you can call defensive holding on a sack. :rolleyes:

THat's like looking at the picture of a QB on the ground and saying the LB should be called for roughing the passer. A still shot doesn't give near enough information for a judgement of a play.

Sorry, I'm irratible from staying up all night and pouring over Electromagnetics....

I haven't read the posts on this catch, so if it has been mentioned don't jump me, but you do know that is offensive pass interference right? Don't get me wrong, great catch, but there was a flag thrown. Watch the video again, you see the side judge throwing it and the flag pops up on the screen. No one mentioned it. Not the refs or the announcers...man 'Bama gets away with everything... :P

I haven't read the posts on this catch, so if it has been mentioned don't jump me, but you do know that is offensive pass interference right?  Don't get me wrong, great catch, but there was a flag thrown.  Watch the video again, you see the side judge throwing it and the flag pops up on the screen.  No one mentioned it.  Not the refs or the announcers...man 'Bama gets away with everything... :P

181836[/snapback]

how do you know the flag wasn't thrown for defensive pass interference because the defensive back didn't turn around and make a play on the ball. i understand that some people don't have anything better to do than talk about how bama cheats, but it is starting to get old. just commend a good play when you see it and quit making assumptions about why a flag might have been thrown.

I haven't read the posts on this catch, so if it has been mentioned don't jump me, but you do know that is offensive pass interference right?  Don't get me wrong, great catch, but there was a flag thrown.  Watch the video again, you see the side judge throwing it and the flag pops up on the screen.  No one mentioned it.  Not the refs or the announcers...man 'Bama gets away with everything... :P

181836[/snapback]

how do you know the flag wasn't thrown for defensive pass interference because the defensive back didn't turn around and make a play on the ball. i understand that some people don't have anything better to do than talk about how bama cheats, but it is starting to get old. just commend a good play when you see it and quit making assumptions about why a flag might have been thrown.

181844[/snapback]

wow, a classy Auburn poster... that's a relatively new idea to me... just kidding

seriously though, thanks... :)

From that view, it appears that TP could be guilty of offensive holding, but then we know Bammers never hold.

181739[/snapback]

THat's like looking at the picture of a QB on the ground and saying the LB should be called for roughing the passer. A still shot doesn't give near enough information for a judgement of a play.

Sorry, I'm irratible from staying up all night and pouring over Electromagnetics....

181764[/snapback]

Streyeder- Since you are a Bama fan, I need you to come explain what you just said to all the idiots that I work with that have the still of the corner route in Auburn(1995?) that shows the pass from Freddie to a receiver(?) that was ruled out of bounds before he had possession.

Look . .carefully . . at . . that . .picture . . and

imagine that the guy in dark pink is a defensive player and the guy in white is the receiver. They both have equal rights to the ball.

Change your perspective?

181739[/snapback]

181764[/snapback]

Streyeder- Since you are a Bama fan, I need you to come explain what you just said to all the idiots that I work with that have the still of the corner route in Auburn(1995?) that shows the pass from Freddie to a receiver(?) that was ruled out of bounds before he had possession.

181858[/snapback]

anyone have the pic of the 1995 play??

I remember t-shirts being printed up of the play..only problem is that the only part of the ball that was even between his hands was the tip..the ball was still in the air!! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

It was a great catch. No flag needed. Prothro got his hands on the ball and held on. The DB was in good position and just didn't make the play. Props to Prothro, that catch might have saved uat's season.

Look . .carefully . . at . . that . .picture . . and

imagine that the guy in dark pink is a defensive player and the guy in white is the receiver.  They both have equal rights to the ball.

Change your perspective?

181892[/snapback]

no, the defensive guy has no idea where the ball is and the offensive guy makes a play on it while trying to avoid contact with the defensive player until after he makes the catch.

imagine the guy in the dark pink jersey is courtney taylor. change your perspective? ;)

Archived