Best thing to come from shut out of MSU

rebdawg

To me the best part of our recent shut out is seeing lines like this one in articles all over the place:

Jackson, Doolittle and senior tackle Wayne Dickens were the anchors up front in Auburn's first SEC shutout since a 9-0 victory over Alabama in 2000.

It's that last part that just makes me giddy and I must have read it or something similar a dozen times this week.

Auburn's first SEC shutout since a 9-0 victory over Alabama in 2000.

That does have a nice ring to it, what also had a nice was how many time JP called Auburn either defending SEC Champs or just plain defending Champs. I dont like the JP crew all that much but both those quotes sounded very nice.

To me the best part of our recent shut out is seeing lines like this one in articles all over the place:

Jackson, Doolittle and senior tackle Wayne Dickens were the anchors up front in Auburn's first SEC shutout since a 9-0 victory over Alabama in 2000.

It's that last part that just makes me giddy and I must have read it or something similar a dozen times this week.

181767[/snapback]

That's something to be proud of right there... first shutout in 4 seasons, and it was against MSU... that's just amazing, seeing as how they are frontrunners in the SEC West Every year.

:poke:

Seriously though, congratulations. A shutout in this league is an accomplishment, over anybody... ;)

I detect just a hint of insincerity there Who. :D

181852[/snapback]

trust me, Esquire, i didn't mean to imply any. We all know the SEC is the toughest conference in the country, almost every year (if not, EVERY year). Shutting out anyone in this conference, including, but not limited to, MSU, Vandy, and UK, is an accomplishment that should be recognized as such.

Shutouts themselves are rare despite the quality of the oponent. All you have to have is one good kick off or punt return or a turnover and the other team is in field goal range. A shutout in this league are even more scarse. Take a look:

Since the 2000 season:

School Overall SEC

Auburn 6 3

LSU 5 3

UTK 4 4

Alabama 3 2

Arkansas 3 1

Florida 2 1

Ole Miss 2 1

Georgia 2 0

USC 1 0

Kentucky 0 0