I'm in Nebraska

rebdawg

Folks, my company has me in Lincoln, NE this week. These people get college footbal, they actually get into it as much as we (Southerners) do. All I hear at cafes ad restauants is how they need to fire their coach, and find a real offense, and pull some scholarships. They all agree that we should have played USC instead of OU of course they aren't the biggest OU fans in the world so that may play a part in it.

Their stadium is really nice, I have been by it twice. My experiences with other Big 12 stadiums hasn't been prticularly impressive but the big red bowl is a site to behold.

Folks, my company has me in Lincoln, NE this week.  These people get college footbal, they actually get into it as much as we (Southerners) do.  All I hear at cafes ad restauants is how they need to fire their coach, and find a real offense, and pull some scholarships.  They all agree that we should have played USC instead of OU of course they aren't the biggest OU fans in the world so that may play a part in it.

Their stadium is really nice, I have been by it twice.  My experiences with other Big 12 stadiums hasn't been prticularly impressive but the big red bowl is a site to behold.

182865[/snapback]

Hey, if you like wildlife, head out of Lincoln (in any direction) and ride around on the gravel roads. You'll see lots of pheasants in the day and huge deer early and late. There are little plum bushes beside the road next to the corn fields. Ride slow by them and you'll see plenty of pheasants. Mmmm, Lincoln, another place I have lived.

LE

You are lucky to live somewhere they love college football. Here in Washington, DC they just don't care (unless they happen to be from back home). I'm always trying to talk football or start rivalries with co-workers and others I meet up here and they look at me the way someone back home would look at a person trying to talk about hockey. :blink:

The few people that do talk about football think that the Virginia Cavaliers and the Maryland Terps are good teams with proud history.

That's why I make sure to make a pilgramage back to the loveliest village a few times every year. :au:

WDE!

when wake forest played nebraska there a couple of weeks ago, our fans came back with some very positive things to say about the hosts and the environment there. must be a first-rate place w.r.t college football....

enjoy !

When I was there, Tom Osborne was coach. When they'd win a game by less than 3 touchdowns, the "fans" would just diss CTO up and down for half a week. They'd welcome those close wins now! "What was Tom thinking, running the ball on first down?" "What was Tom thinking passing the ball on first down?" and on and on and on.

Archived