Nutt: "Forget Bama, trying to hold Hawgs Together"

DKW 86

Link

Nutt is impressed with Alabama senior quarterback Brodie Croyle, but as he often says, Arkansas wants to stop the run first, and he is more worried about what his team is doing rather than what Alabama is doing.

As for what the defense must do now, Herring says they have two choices.

"Any competitor who goes through what we went through last Saturday, if they don't feel any humility or pain, then they're not a competitor at all," Herring said. "We're all embarrassed, so is the world. Bottom line is we can do two things from right now; we can bow up and we can go fight, pull together as a team, try to get our things that we need to get done to be a better football team, correct our mistakes, come together. You can do that or you can go quit. There's two things to do in life right now – fight or quit. We chose to fight, that's what we're going to do, and regardless of the outcome, at the end of the day, if it's not good enough then it's not good enough."

I think that about says it all. I sincerely hope the AU program is never in a position to take a pummeling like that. I would hope they're embarrased enough to bow up and fight back.

Just...not against us. :big:

I think that about says it all.  I sincerely hope the AU program is never in a position to take a pummeling like that.  I would hope they're embarrased enough to bow up and fight back.

182916[/snapback]

as the debacle unfolded this past saturday for arkansas, i couldn't help but be reminded of the FSU game we didn't play because of extenuating circumstances....

I think that about says it all.  I sincerely hope the AU program is never in a position to take a pummeling like that.  I would hope they're embarrased enough to bow up and fight back.

182916[/snapback]

as the debacle unfolded this past saturday for arkansas, i couldn't help but be reminded of the FSU game we didn't play because of extenuating circumstances....

182917[/snapback]

And CT Johnson is RIGHT!

That was where I was going to take this thread. Say what you will, but getting destroyed by FSU in 1999 would have accomplished nothing more than exactly what is happening at :arky:

CTT was having to weed out players, make changes, find some real people at Juco. Getting our brains beat in by CTB's Dad would have accomplished nothing good for us or the kids.

]

Any competitor who goes through what we went through last Saturday, if they don't feel any humility or pain, then they're not a competitor at all," Herring said. "We're all embarrassed, so is the world.

I'm not embarassed - maybe for the SEC as a conference, but CERTAINLY not embarassed for the Pork Rinds. Why should the world be embarassed that they rolled over and got spanked like a bunch of babies? I find it to be quite amusing, actually.

I'm a little embarrassed for Arky and that they poorly represented the SEC. I'll be really embarrassed if they make it a close game on Oct. 15. Or even win :blink: (no, that won't happen).

As far as the FSU situation in '99, I wish we still played that game. We might have gotten killed. I doubt that it would've been as bad as Arky just got killed. But those of us in FL are still taking a beating for it. My FSU friends still remind me of it, calls us "war chickens" and other crap, as it was the second time we canceled on them. I thought they canceled on us once, but I don't remember the year or the circumstances. Makes it hard to use as a counter point.

90, you simply counter that by using their own coaches quote where he said the only way he'd let FSU be a part of the SEC is if the conference could arrange it where they didn't have to play Auburn and Alabama in the same year.

Someone posted that a while back and I'm sure it could be found again. Of course, FSU wussed out and joined the ACC and promptly ran off about 1000 straight conference wins against the likes of Duke and Wake Forest.

The embarrassment of the Vandy loss followed by the SC humiliation will be hard to overcome for any team, let alone a lame duck Nutt-job coaching staff. I cannot imagine Frank Broyles hanging on to Houston Nutt after this season. The good news re this situation is this: Tracy Rocker will be available for hire as a DL coach! I hope CTT is smart enough to entertain the thought of bringing him home to coach on the Plains.

The embarrassment of the Vandy loss followed by the SC humiliation will be hard to overcome for any team, let alone a lame duck Nutt-job coaching staff.  I cannot imagine Frank Broyles hanging on to Houston Nutt after this season.  The good news re this situation is this:  Tracy Rocker will be available for hire as a DL coach!  I hope CTT is smart enough to entertain the thought of bringing him home to coach on the Plains.

182990[/snapback]

Ahem...the same D line that played...er...was there against USC....?

:au::homer:

Tracy Rocker will be available for hire as a DL coach!  I hope CTT is smart enough to entertain the thought of bringing him home to coach on the Plains.

182990[/snapback]

No offense, but we already have DL coaches, and I think Dunn and Price are doing pretty good jobs.

As much as I would love to see more :au: men on the sidelines.... I have to let CTT make all those calls. We finished last year Number 1 in scoring D. TR's line just got handed 70.

You got to look at the whole picture here.

I'm a little embarrassed for Arky and that they poorly represented the SEC.  I'll be really embarrassed if they make it a close game on Oct. 15.  Or even win :blink: (no, that won't happen).

As far as the FSU situation in '99, I wish we still played that game.  We might have gotten killed.  I doubt that it would've been as bad as Arky just got killed.  But those of us in FL are still taking a beating for it.  My FSU friends still remind me of it, calls us "war chickens" and other crap, as it was the second time we canceled on them.  I thought they canceled on us once, but I don't remember the year or the circumstances.  Makes it hard to use as a counter point.

182970[/snapback]

Just remind them that AU OWNS the overall record over the criminoles. :au::D

WarTim, yup, that one I knew. I know he would then counter with, "well if you didn't cancel all those damn games, we'd have a chance to even up the series". But then again, he consistently thinks the ACC is stronger then the SEC in football. So whatever I spoze.

As much as I would love to see more :au: men on the sidelines.... I have to let CTT make all those calls. We finished last year Number 1 in scoring D. TR's line just got handed 70.

You got to look at the whole picture here.

183070[/snapback]

Of course CTT is going to make his own calls. (Heck, he's ignored all of my written instructions before -- why should this time be any different?) I'm just looking down the road some. Tracy Rocker will be available after this season. If AU doesn't pick him up some other school will. I'd rather one of our competitors not be getting him, that's all. I consider the SC game/result an abberation -- SC for being so good & Arky for being so bad and both teams scheduled to meet at just the right time. That game is hardly the one data point you want to base your decison on (looking at the big picture & stuff.)

There is another AU alum in the region I've been keeping an eye on too. Ga Tech has a very young OC/QB coach by the name of Patrick Nix who still bleeds orange & blue. I wouldn't mind seeing him come in after Al Borges gets a head coaching job somewhere else. And he will too. But that's another topic for another day, right? :D

WarTim, yup, that one I knew.  I know he would then counter with, "well if you didn't cancel all those damn games, we'd have a chance to even up the series".  But then again, he consistently thinks the ACC is stronger then the SEC in football.  So whatever I spoze.

183117[/snapback]

ACC stronger than SEC?

What games is this guy watching?

Im sorry but i cant get excited about FSU vs Duke every year........

The ACC to me is the Pac-10 of the east.

Archived