Conditioning?

Tigerwalkin

:au: Auburn has been playing a lot of second, third, and maybe even fourth team players the past couple of weeks. How much does this effect the conditioning of the first team guys who will have to go a lot longer in some of the bigger games? I'm not complaining about building the much needed depth, just curious. WDE! :au:

:au: Auburn has been playing a lot of second, third, and maybe even fourth team players the past couple of weeks. How much does this effect the conditioning of the first team guys who will have to go a lot longer in some of the bigger games? I'm not complaining about building the much needed depth, just curious. WDE!  :au:

Shouldn't matter with all the rotating they are doing at nearly every position. As long as the players stay hydrated and don't cramp, they should be fine.

:au: Auburn has been playing a lot of second, third, and maybe even fourth team players the past couple of weeks.  How much does this effect the conditioning of the first team guys who will have to go a lot longer in some of the bigger games?  I'm not complaining about building the much needed depth, just curious. WDE!  :au:

183261[/snapback]

Yox will take care of conditioning. What is a bigger plus is that while some of our rivals are having to play starters for the entire game, ours are not being subjected to the pounding that results in bumps and bruises that can become season long nagging injuries. We will still have some injuries, but fewer, because of our ability to reduce exposure. That is a great thing about depth, and a side plus of playing some of these cupcakes that everyone likes to hate. Ball State will be a distant memory if we finish in the top 10.

Yox will take care of conditioning.  What is a bigger plus is that while some of our rivals are having to play starters for the entire game, ours are not being subjected to the pounding that results in bumps and bruises that can become season long nagging injuries.  We will still have some injuries, but fewer, because of our ability to reduce exposure.  That is a great thing about depth, and a side plus of playing some of these cupcakes that everyone likes to hate.  Ball State will be a distant memory if we finish in the top 10.

183272[/snapback]

I tend to agree with this. Seems to me like most of the heavy conditioning work is done before the season. I would imagine that if players are built into shape during fall camp, then they would merely have to work on maintaining their conditioning during the season. I'm no trainer, but I'm guessing once the season starts, the incidental minor sprains and bruises from playing probably affect a team's physical condition a lot more than any loss of conditioning from not playing the full game.

:au: Auburn has been playing a lot of second, third, and maybe even fourth team players the past couple of weeks.  How much does this effect the conditioning of the first team guys who will have to go a lot longer in some of the bigger games?  I'm not complaining about building the much needed depth, just curious. WDE!  :au:

183261[/snapback]

Remember, this was a key in the 13-0 run last year. So many games our first string got to sit for an entire half and some games 3 quarters. This helped keep them healthy and injury free and it showed in crunch time of games when they were needed at peak performance, i.e. 2004 UGA, Bama, SECGG, Va Tech. It is a big benefit for building depth and experience for the young guys plus keeping the first stringers healthy for battles down the road.

Archived