So. Florida Whips Louisville In Big East Opener

MDM4AU

Refresh my memory...Isn't Jim Leavitt (USF's coach) the guy that told Bama to "leave it" when they offered him the coaching job a couple of years ago? And today he did this to Petrino, the guy who tried to stab CTT in the back?

Isn't karma a lovely thing? :D

Louisville was thought to be a lock to go 11-0 but boy USF punched them in the mouth and never let up. Good Job Bulls

Did you know that former AU signee Courtney Denson, who left AU because of a lack of playing time, now plays for South Florida? He played pretty well against Louisville. Courtney had several very good runs late in the game. One of them was for 49 yards. The loss could have been much worse for UL as Denson took a knee at the one yard line... two series in a row. Courtney up with 4 runs for 63 yards.

and there you have it...another team that was thought to have the goods for a perfect regular season goes by the wayside, and the BCS fathers breathe yet another sigh of relief.

i don't dislike petrino or louisville, however, and was sort of sad to see this egg.

As far as getting into the MNC game, yes...but the Big East still has its automatic BCS bowl berth, which is sad.

AGAIN we're seeing what a joke preseason polls are. Look @ how many teams were arbitrarily put high up in the 1st poll...based on NOTHING other than some yahoo sports reporters prediction of what MIGHT happen...only to lose early to some goober opponent. Why don't the preseason polls reflect what the teams accomplished ON THE FIELD the previous year? If graduation made them (us) less of a team, that will be bourne out on the field too. I.E. we should have started the season #2 and with our loss to GT, we'd be stting around #10 or #11...which based on what happened ON THE FIELD is about right so far. If our wins against Tenn (twice on the road), Ga and LSU were so unimpressive last year, why are those teams w/ vitually the same starters (or as w/ Ga losing Greene, LESS impressive) AHEAD of us at the beginning of the year? Somebody slap me, I'm goin' crazy!

Ga and LSU were so unimpressive last year

Good god, we went 10-2 with our 3rd straight year being in the Final AP Top 10 ranking.

That is "so unimpressive"?

I guess that is a compliment then :blink:

Louisville has been overrated for the last two years. They don't have a single win against an impressive opponent. UGA showed that BSU isn't up to SEC standards this year. If they can't hang in the big east then they are even worse than I thought.

Archived