Dumb...

OKieAuburnDoug

I'm no doctor, but I've read that often what we call a "24-hour stomach bug" is actually a mild case of food poisoning, which apparently is more common than we suspect. Can't remember what I read that in, but the article claimed that real intestinal viruses usually last longer than 24-48 hours. [Obviously, I bow to the superior medical knowldge of any actual MD's on the board, should they have other opinions]

If that is the case, then a "24-hr bug" needn't be that contagious. (...which is not to say that what you had, OKie, wasn't contagious. I'm not questioning your experience and don't think I want it.)

Anyway, the good thing I took out of Brandon being on the sideline was that he should be fully recovered in time for Gamecocks next week. Of course, thanks to today, I feel a little more comfortable about Blake's ability to back him up.

I'm no doctor, but I've read that often what we call a "24-hour stomach bug" is actually a mild case of food poisoning, which apparently is more common than we suspect.

yea...it's common in sports when players need to sit out a game for "unspecified reasons." i'm not saying that he wasn't sick, but most of the time when i see football players or something not play because of food poisoning i just laugh. there is no way that many players can get food poisoning.

I'm no doctor, but I've read that often what we call a "24-hour stomach bug" is actually a mild case of food poisoning, which apparently is more common than we suspect.

yea...it's common in sports when players need to sit out a game for "unspecified reasons." i'm not saying that he wasn't sick, but most of the time when i see football players or something not play because of food poisoning i just laugh. there is no way that many players can get food poisoning.

183677[/snapback]

So you think it was some sort of a ploy?

183677[/snapback]

So you think it was some sort of a ploy?

183687[/snapback]

no. i just see it all too often in sports today and hardly ever see it for real. i'm sure that he got sick and all but a lot of times when you hear of stomach virusus i don't believe them, especially with important players.

Directly from the Coaching Staff, No reason to cover to me.

BC had a very bad case of flu come on him suddenly Sat. Morn. Was throwing up on the bus back to Auburn. He was taken to EAMC and I think given some IV fluids, not real certain on that part.

My understanding was that he was not on the sidelines till almost the 4th quarter.

It's actually an old virus that pops up from time to time around Auburn known as, "Streptosupperclubicustoolateicus"

It comes on with severe headaches, nausea, some vomitting and diarrhea and a strong feeling of doubt as to why you did what you did last night then later followed by promises to the Almighty about future plans not to take part in certain activities.

:big: I keed, I keed.

It's actually an old virus that pops up from time to time around Auburn known as, "Streptosupperclubicustoolateicus"

It comes on with severe headaches, nausea, some vomitting and diarrhea and a strong feeling of doubt as to why you did what you did last night then later followed by promises to the Almighty about future plans not to take part in certain activities.

:big:   I keed, I keed.

183925[/snapback]

Coincedently Esquire, I had that virus all of Sunday, musta been going around :P

Guys, he was at a hotel in LaGrange? GA. He was not at the Supper Club.

BTW, I had WadloPepperitis, Stokeritis, and BigBluePartyStoritis most of time at :au:

Archived