My Nephew's First Auburn Game

SCWarEagle

I'm driving down from SC and bringing along my Gamecock parents, my Georgetown Hoya (wtf?) sister and my Hokie brother-in-law and their boy, my nephew.

This 4-year-old kid who lives in Virginia knows all the words to the Auburn fight song and will be wearing his Bo Jackson uniform to the game. That boy loves him some Auburn. Maybe I should have felt bad when he was cheering against his Dad's school during the Sugar Bowl, but I didn't. Not in the least.

I, of course, like to tailgate on gamedays, as will my nephew, when he is 21 ;) . But for now, we're going to need some ways to entertain the lad until kickoff. At least something, right?

Do any of you with experience in this field have any ideas for me. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance and WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!

I'm driving down from SC and bringing along my Gamecock parents, my Georgetown Hoya (wtf?) sister and my Hokie brother-in-law and their boy, my nephew.

This 4-year-old kid who lives in Virginia knows all the words to the Auburn fight song and will be wearing his Bo Jackson uniform to the game. That boy loves him some Auburn. Maybe I should have felt bad when he was cheering against his Dad's school during the Sugar Bowl, but I didn't. Not in the least.

I, of course, like to tailgate on gamedays, as will my nephew, when he is 21  ;) . But for now, we're going to need some ways to entertain the lad until kickoff. At least something, right?

Do any of you with experience in this field have any ideas for me. I would greatly appreciate it.

183899[/snapback]

Tiger Walk(on Donahue leading to the Stadium), Go to the Coliseum, there is usally tons of stuff going on for kids, and the majority of it is targeted towards families and such, I think it was last Saturday when they had the baseball team signing autographs http://www.auburn.edu/communications_marketing/gameday05/ that should help you out :D

:cheer::au:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Take him to Tiger Walk and let him see the players. Try to get at the beginning up at Sewell Hall. The band will gather there to do their spirit walk. Aubie usually makes an appearance.

I, of course, like to tailgate on gamedays, as will my nephew, when he is 21  ;) . But for now, we're going to need some ways to entertain the lad until kickoff. At least something, right?

183899[/snapback]

Set up your tail-gating spot by the tennis courts...give him a football and then lock him inside the courts....there are usually lots of kids on the court whose parents have done the same thing!!!! I do it with mine and he is only 20 months!!! That way you can do what you want to and he can't go anywhere... :huh: :big:

Take them over to the athletic complex, the walk through museum is nice. And don't forget the Tiger Walk, 2 hours before kick off. The book stores down town always get the game day juices flowing early in the day.

My favorite things to do when younger were

-museum, I thought it was way cooler than the smithsonians. :D

-bookstores

-playing/throwing football on the practice field. Some very fond memories of this. Good times

There is a football throw and some kicking and a few floats by the Coliseum. I used to always do that when i was 8-11. Make sure you dont miss the tiger walk it is worth getting there early for a front row spot.

Or you can do what my daddy did when I was so lucky as to go to an Auburn game as a youngster ... let him fetch us beers out of the cooler and stir our drinks.

Bring him by our tent before the game and I'll let him stir one of mine.

Or you can do what my daddy did when I was so lucky as to go to an Auburn game as a youngster ... let him fetch us beers out of the cooler and stir our drinks.

183993[/snapback]

hahahaha, that and the tennis court idea sound like winners :P

183993[/snapback]

Better yet, Mikey, he can stir my drinks, your drinks, AND your daddy's drinks.

Can't wait!

:au:

Another thing my daddy always made me do is wear my Cub Scout uniform to the game. Somehow I got in free with that ... like the old Lions club guys thought I was an usher or something.

But your nephew will look MUCH cooler in his Bo Jackson jersey than a stupid cub scout uniform.

We used to jump out on the field after the game and go pat the guys on the shoulder and tell them good game as they ran into the lockers. Sometimes Lionel James or Greg Carr or somebody would give us their mouthpiece as a souvenir.

Come to think of it ... Yuck!!!

Mellow Mushroom to the north of Toomer's Corner...if he likes pizza. Can't keep my 12 year old out of there, every time we go. :)

:au::homer:

Archived