The Lsu Fans At The Game

vatz22au

I know alot of college football teams have been booed by their own fanbase at least once in history...most of the time its directed at a single player, but man, LSU's fanbase seems to have a tradition of booing the whole team and coach if they lose a game.

I actually felt bad for LSU and Les Miles.....your fan base is the support you lean on, and when you run off the field after a devastating overtime loss.....the last thing you want to hear is about 90,000 LSU fans booing their own team. It seemed to last all 4th quarter with every snap LSU took.

LSU was up 21-0 at one point and they lay on the ball for the better part of the 4th quarter. Way too much talent at LSU for this to happen.

You have to remember, LSU has almost an NFL like fanbase, at least the ones that stumble into the games. Name an LSU coach who's team has never been booed at Tiger Stadium. I know the last three LSU coaches have been booed on their home field....it's just commonplace for them.

I have a feeling LSU will bounce back from this and still take the SEC West.

I think they were booing the coaching staff. You have to admit they collectively blew it for LSU. The defensive scheme that was working so well for LSU in the first half was abandoned for an ultra conservative approach and it backfired. Pelleni had the DB's playing like 15 yards off the recievers and UT took full advantage. Reminded me of the AU/GA game in 02. Also, I dont get running the clock out with 2 min left when a field goal wins the game for you. They were playing not to lose instead of playing to win. I'd be pissed too if I was an LSU fan.

I think they were booing the coaching staff. You have to admit they collectively blew it for LSU. The defensive scheme that was working so well for LSU in the first half was abondoned for an ultra conservative approach and it backfired. Pelleni had the DB's playing like 15 yards off the recievers and UT took full advantage. Reminded me of the AU/GA game in 02. Also, I dont get running the clock out with 2 min left when a field goal wins the game for you. They were playing not to lose instead of playing to win. I'd be pissed too if I was an LSU fan.

184091[/snapback]

If Ainge could get the ball to them and the UT receivers could catch in the first half, the defense would have been torched in the first half and the game prolly not even close.

That is 2 games now that LSU's defense has been exposed. They had blown coverage on many, many plays.

. Also, I dont get running the clock out with 2 min left when a field goal wins the game for you. They were playing not to lose instead of playing to win. I'd be pissed too if I was an LSU fan.

184091[/snapback]

What do you mean you don't agree with running out the clock....we clearly had the momentum to carry this thing into overtime...we were only outscored 24-3 in the second half!!! ;):D

And trust me, I was there, and there was booing but it was clearly directed at the coaching staff and i'm sure all the players realize that. I'm not a big fan of booing, but i did boo when we were trying to run the clock out and play for overtime with 2 min to go and a timeout.

No "booing" is "Good" booing. (Unless you are 7 years old on Halloween) :)

I don't like booing... especially in this case. LSU is comes home after such a horrible time in the state of LA and has to deal with boos from their home crowd. It was a tough, and boneheaded loss, which I know is frustrating to watch as a fan of any team, but stand behind your team no matter what. That's my .02 on it at least.

To me, the contrast of the situation made the booing just horrible to hear. On Espn...they basically played up LSU has a super team representing Louisinia because of the Hurricanes, making them heroes. Then, after the game is all sealed and done with, you have those same faithful and "grief-stricken" (from the hurricane) fanbase who use there team as a type of motivational support....booing their heroic team off the field. I thought it was pretty horrible to play this team up like that, but then boo them so quickly when forgetting that its just a game.

And trust me, I was there, and there was booing but it was clearly directed at the coaching staff and i'm sure all the players realize that. I'm not a big fan of booing, but i did boo when we were trying to run the clock out and play for overtime with 2 min to go and a timeout.

184219[/snapback]

Good thing he saved that time out so he could try to use it when you guys intercepted with 17 seconds left.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That was so funny.

You guys should try & figure out witch coach that was that stopped him from calling the time out so that in 5 or 6 more of these games when you guys fire him you know which one to make "Interim HC"

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Nobody is mentioning the fact that LSU only really scored 13 points on offense. Tennessee gave them 14 in the first half with stupidity like throwing an interception on the 3yd line out of the endzone.

I was not impressed by LSU at all. Tennessee looked awesome in the 2nd half. I am totally convinced that :au: can go in there and wreak havoc on LSU's defense.

They were booing because a Randy Sanders called offense out played their vaunted defense. I would boo too if our coaches got out coached by him.

ClueLES/BrainLES Miles is getting ready to find out how many friends he has in Baton Rouge and Louisiana. IMO, the UT game was lost purely on coaching both offensively and defensively. With respect to defense, there were no disguises, blitzes were easily discernable, players looked confused, numerous blown coverages (thankfully UT players can't catch anything over 10 yards or it may have been a blowout) and getting away from being aggresive. On offense, it was play not to lose when having a 21 pt. half-time lead, predictable play calling, terrible use of a personnel. In short, the coaches never put the players in a position to win the game. Granted, Saban lost to UAB his 1st year and went 7-4 with DiNardo's players but when you have 3 consecutive top 5 recruiting classes and 17 returning starters, a LOT (not les) more is expected.

Mark my words, Bo Pellini with be Miles' equivalent to what Lou Tepper was for DiNardo. Hopefully, Miles can get it figured out in a more expeditious manner than DiNardo. Otherwise, he'll be LSU's Ron Zook and see many things like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LSU-Les-Miles-Geaux-Aw...1QQcmdZViewItem

What's wrong with booing LSU? I do it all the time.  :au:

184473[/snapback]

LSU is always going to be second rate to any team in the SEC. Even a trip to Knoxville or Tuscalooserville can be a family outing, but I live in Mobile and have been to games at The Red Stick, but now adays I take the trip by my self with my drunken friends from the plains.

184250[/snapback]

Ok now i have to call double standard on booing.

Are you saying that when the ref makes a bad call Auburn fans should not boo.

Are you saying that if Auburn coaches were to blow a 21 point lead at the half to LSU some Auburn fans would not boo.

It happens and LSU is not the only team to ever boo bad decisions.

184250[/snapback]

Ok now i have to call double standard on booing.

Are you saying that when the ref makes a bad call Auburn fans should not boo.

Are you saying that if Auburn coaches were to blow a 21 point lead at the half to LSU some Auburn fans would not boo.

It happens and LSU is not the only team to ever boo bad decisions.

184653[/snapback]

Cmon man....your team was being booed during the 4th quarter, and after the game. It wasnt just a couple of fans booing....The whole stadium lit up with boos.

Auburn has experienced a comeback win before....vs MSU a while back. In the 4th quarter they scored, got an onsides kick, and scored again to beat us. There were no boos to be heard after MSU won.

Wasnt it vs Troy that Lsu got booed again by their own fanbase?

:lol::lol: There were more than a few "boos" when UAB handed the corndogs their hats a few seasons ago. :lol::lol:

Corndogs, Nature's losers. :D

Archived