Tenn Players Believe In Clausen...not Ainge

aunavy

It was apparent to me that none of the UT players were putting forth much effort when Ainge was on the field. And have you ever seen a college quarterback pull a middle school stunt like blindly flinging the ball in the air where it could be picked off for a touchdown.

There are reasons that players vote for team captains....it generally involves leadership and likeability. Obviously, the team saw these characteristics in Clausen and not in Ainge. There was an immediate spark of life in UT when Clausen came in...it was amazing to see.

Why Fulmer and his staff couldn't see them is anybody's guess. One theory is that Fulmer is infatuated with names and gives them a leg up in competition for key jobs....think how many star players have come into the system only to leave when it became apparent they wouldn't get a shot.....Peyton Manning was initially backup to another freshman QB that transferred to Texas A&M in favor of Manning though he had beat him out and started ahead of him....same with AJ Suggs and CJ Leak in favor of Casey Clausen (of pickle fame); same with Ainge (Danny Ainge's nephew) and last year's starter from Florida that was benched; again this year with Clausen and Ainge again.

I think you may be on to something here. Honestly I have never been too impressed with Ainge, the times I've seen him play he hasn't done well and last night he sure looked like a baby whining on the sidelines after they'd have to punt. As far as Clausen goes I thought that he should have been the one starting last night anyways as he had the experience of lifting the team up last year when the two "wonder freshman" went down. I really wanted LSU to win, that way when we played them they'd be ranked higher, but I thought it was kind of neat to see Clausen come in and be the hero, now if he isn't the starter next week, Fulmer is an idiot.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Fulmer has been getting a lot of flak on other boards for sucking up to Clausen after the game on ESPN, like he had believed in him the whole time. They (LSU fans, Bama fans, even Vol fans) are ripping him apart for being so two faced.

I find it humorous...

Fulmer is a complete idiot... if there is one coach (besides interim coach shula) I can't stand it is him. Of course I like it when someone UAT hates does well, but i lose more respect for Fulmer every time he opens his mouth. I noticed that when they interviewed him after the game they had to zoom out pretty far to fit all of it on the screen.......

I think you may be on to something here. Honestly I have never been too impressed with Ainge, the times I've seen him play he hasn't done well and last night he sure looked like a baby whining on the sidelines after they'd have to punt. As far as Clausen goes I thought that he should have been the one starting last night anyways as he had the experience of lifting the team up last year when the two "wonder freshman" went down. I really wanted LSU to win, that way when we played them they'd be ranked higher, but I thought it was kind of neat to see Clausen come in and be the hero, now if he isn't the starter next week, Fulmer is an idiot.

184218[/snapback]

No matter who starts next week, fat phil is an idiot. :thumbsup:

Archived