Too Many Stickys

AUHansel

I know I've said this before but again I think there are too many stickys right now. The last post on one of them is from August. I don't think that most people even pay attention to any of them. I know that it's not really my choice, but please consider cutting back on the number of them. Maybe even make the Touchdown Auburn Bowl it's own forum (just a thought). It's just a little annoying when all of the recent topics are pushed back to the second or even third page because of all the stickys when only two of them have even been posted on in the last 4 days.

I know I've said this before but again I think there are too many stickys right now. The last post on one of them is from August. I don't think that most people even pay attention to any of them. I know that it's not really my choice, but please consider cutting back on the number of them. Maybe even make the Touchdown Auburn Bowl it's own forum (just a thought). It's just a little annoying when all of the recent topics are pushed back to the second or even third page because of all the stickys when only two of them have even been posted on in the last 4 days.

184368[/snapback]

Yes i agree, and i also think this should get a sticky LOL :poke::P

Guest Tigrinum Major

Some mod has a sense of humor.

Hey Hansel, do what I do, use the "View New Posts" option. Granted, it brings up all the forums, but it also doesn't bring up the stickys, unless there is new info in them. You can skip over the other forum subjects and get the new posts relatively easy.

I think we should have more stickies! The whole front page should be stickies and I could just open on page 2 and avoid them all!!

Therefore we need about 10 more stickies. Obviously we need:

1. a "Bear's Dead" reminder sticky for our Bammer Buds.

2. a "Saban's not Dead But He Doesn't Coach Here Anymore" for the Corndogs.

3. an "It's Just A Coincidence that Vandy and Victory Both Start with a 'V.'"

4. ?????? Any help?

or.........you can click "my controls", go to board settings and adjust your settings to show 40 topics per page. It helps a lot when you don't visit the board everyday.

I think we should have more stickies!  The whole front page should be stickies and I could just open on page 2 and avoid them all!!

Therefore we need about 10 more stickies.  Obviously we need:

4.  a "we're not rebuilding, we're reloading....we just couldn't figure out how to get the clip out against GT."

184409[/snapback]

:big::big:

I vote for the "ANY win is a signature win for flipper" sticky! :D

I vote for the "ANY win is a signature win for flipper" sticky! :D

184431[/snapback]

FLIPPER AND LES MILES SUCK!!!!!!WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! :au::big::cheer:

I think we should have more stickies!  The whole front page should be stickies and I could just open on page 2 and avoid them all!!

4.  a "we're not rebuilding, we're reloading....we just couldn't figure out how to get the clip out against GT."

184409[/snapback]

184411[/snapback]

Hmmm...good one. Still looking for that signature win though aren't you? Boy, unranked Southern Miss almost got them a singnature win didn't they? Uh..oh...look who is on the schedule for Bama this weekend! Florida! :poke:

184409[/snapback]

184411[/snapback]

Hmmm...good one. Still looking for that signature win though aren't you? Boy, unranked Southern Miss almost got them a singnature win didn't they? Uh..oh...look who is on the schedule for Bama this weekend! Florida! :poke:

184463[/snapback]

Speaking of signature wins, which win against AU does Reggie Ball count as his signature win? :poke:

184409[/snapback]

184411[/snapback]

184463[/snapback]

Speaking of signature wins, which win against AU does Reggie Ball count as his signature win? :poke:

184469[/snapback]

I think the first one...he was a freshman at the time.

Which recent bowl victory does Alabama count as it's signature win? With only 2 in the last 8 years, they shouldn't have much of a hard time deciding upon which one to choose...

184409[/snapback]

184411[/snapback]

184463[/snapback]

184469[/snapback]

I think the first one...he was a freshman at the time.

Which recent bowl victory does Alabama count as it's signature win? With only 2 in the last 8 years, they shouldn't have much of a hard time deciding upon which one to choose...

184515[/snapback]

2002 hawaii..... :roflol:

Or perhaps the 2001 Sheveport bowl victory with the help of the officials at the end.

184409[/snapback]

184411[/snapback]

184463[/snapback]

so, when/if we beat UF this weekend, what will be y'alls excuse for this not being his signature win? "UF offense stayed at home, so it doesn't count as a signature win for Schula. He was outcoached, he just got lucky. Therefore, this can't be counted. Y'all have to play UT first, and prove you can beat them. Maybe then it will be a sig. win."

Truth is, IMHO, i don't think y'all will count anything except a victory over y'all a signature win. And once y'all are 7-3 ( :poke: ) coming into the Iron Bowl (and 7-4 afterwards), i don't think y'all will even count that, instead blaming it on a "rebuilding season". :P Correct me if i'm wrong, but from the trend of these discussions around here, that is what i'm gathering. :poke::rolleyes:

184409[/snapback]

184411[/snapback]

184463[/snapback]

so, when/if we beat UF this weekend, what will be y'alls excuse for this not being his signature win? "UF offense stayed at home, so it doesn't count as a signature win for Schula. He was outcoached, he just got lucky. Therefore, this can't be counted. Y'all have to play UT first, and prove you can beat them. Maybe then it will be a sig. win."

Truth is, IMHO, i don't think y'all will count anything except a victory over y'all a signature win. And once y'all are 7-3 ( :poke: ) coming into the Iron Bowl (and 7-4 afterwards), i don't think y'all will even count that, instead blaming it on a "rebuilding season". :P Correct me if i'm wrong, but from the trend of these discussions around here, that is what i'm gathering. :poke::rolleyes:

184571[/snapback]

We make no excuses....if Bama beats UF, it will be a key or "signature" win...HOWEVER, up to this point....THERE HAS BEEN ZERO SIGNATURE WINS. EVERYTIME SHULA HAS PLAYED AUBURN, UT, LSU OR ANYONE ELSE WORTH A CRAP THEY HAVE LOST!!!!!

So, my question to you is this...IF Bama loses...are you going to use this same arguement the week of the UT game when Bama is still winless?????

Guest Tigrinum Major

"Signature win" is a stupid term that has gained popularity due to two events:

1. Eli Gold caliming a "signature win of the Mike Shula era" immediately prior to the 4th and 19 play in overtime of the 2003 UT game. Need we revisit the subsequent events?

2. Sly Croom's win against the Florida Gators last year, hence a slight dig at Shula for not having a win over one of the SEC "haves".

Shula has never beaten a team when his team has been the underdog. He wins this weekend and he can have a signature win and everyone (hopefully) will never utter nor type that phrase again.

The truth of the matter is, that BAMMER will be dang lucky to ever beat the AUBURN TIGERS again and, most of their fans are homosexuals. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) Now go drink your Kool-Aid and hold hands with a dude. :au::D:thumbsup: 28-23!!!!!WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.  Eli Gold caliming a "signature win of the Mike Shula era" immediately prior to the 4th and 19 play in overtime of the 2003 UT game.  Need we revisit the subsequent events?

2.  Sly Croom's win against the Florida Gators last year, hence a slight dig at Shula for not having a win over one of the SEC "haves".

Shula has never beaten a team when his team has been the underdog.  He wins this weekend and he can have a signature win and everyone (hopefully) will never utter nor type that phrase again.

184575[/snapback]

that's fine... just clearing that up.... and just for the record, i never claimed the win over USC was signature (that's not in response to anything on this thread). I just said it was a step in the right direction, considering the past two years performances against them. We have four chances for "sig. wins" this year: UT, UF, LSU, AU... oh, and any win in SECCG, Bowl game (if we make it that far)

The truth of the matter is, that BAMMER will be dang lucky to ever beat the AUBURN TIGERS again and, most of their fans are homosexuals. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) Now go drink your Kool-Aid and hold hands with a dude.  :au:   :D  :thumbsup:   28-23!!!!!WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

184578[/snapback]

Just curious jp...why are you gloating over the score from 2 yers ago?

It would seem to me that if you gloated with the score from last year...21-13...it would have more affect :big:

1.  Eli Gold caliming a "signature win of the Mike Shula era" immediately prior to the 4th and 19 play in overtime of the 2003 UT game.  Need we revisit the subsequent events?

2.  Sly Croom's win against the Florida Gators last year, hence a slight dig at Shula for not having a win over one of the SEC "haves".

Shula has never beaten a team when his team has been the underdog.  He wins this weekend and he can have a signature win and everyone (hopefully) will never utter nor type that phrase again.

184575[/snapback]

I was wondering where this term came from. I thought you aubs made it up. Should've figured it came out of Eli's mouth. I normally don't speak ill of my fellow Bama fans, but Eli and the "Snake" have to be the worst radio broadcast guys in the SEC. Two examples.

Darby takes the handoff...BREAKS A HUUUGE TACKLE, MAKES A NICE SPIN MOVE TURNS THE CORNER AND RUNS OUT OF BOUNDS FOR A GAIN OF 2!!!!!!!
WHAT?!?! All that for a gain of two?!?!?! :huh:
Coffee takes the handoff runs to the outside..Prothro makes a nice block to break Coffee.  Did you see that block Snake?  Prothro has to be one of the best blocking wr's in college football.(Meanwhile, I hear the crowd going crazy in the background)  I'll tell ya Snake, to be such a small guy Prothro packs a punch....Okay, Bama's ball first and 10 at the Ark 35, after the 20 yard run by Coffee.
How about telling me what's going on with the guy that has the ball? It can't be that hard.

:rant: Sorry for the rant.

Guest Tigrinum Major

My best Eli impression:

Kenneth Darby, the third leading rusher in the SEC and the eighth leading rusher in Alabama history, takes the handoff from the nation's 42nd ranked QB in terms of QB efficiency, Brodie Croyle and rumbles through the hole for a gain of three...

....Alabama now leads 7-3 after the kick. You know, Snake, this Shula led team has won every game that it has led after the fourth quarter...

The truth of the matter is, that BAMMER will be dang lucky to ever beat the AUBURN TIGERS again and, most of their fans are homosexuals. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) Now go drink your Kool-Aid and hold hands with a dude.  :au:   :D  :thumbsup:    28-23!!!!!WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

184578[/snapback]

Just curious jp...why are you gloating over the score from 2 yers ago?

It would seem to me that if you gloated with the score from last year...21-13...it would have more affect :big:

184583[/snapback]

OK, 21-13. Yeah baby!!!!!WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!BAMMER SUCKS!!!!!!! :au:

Archived