Anyone watching the Bama game?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

I am listening on the radio, which is never very informative with Eli at the helm unless I want to know what the uniforms look like to the most minute detail or who the statistical leaders for the SEC are.

How is this happening? Ole Miss manhandling the Tide's lines or what? I know mistakes are playing a part in the scoring for Ole Miss, but now it sounds like Ole Miss is just whipping the Tide at the line.

I am listening on the radio, which is never very informative with Eli at the helm unless I want to know what the uniforms look like to the most minute detail or who the statistical leaders for the SEC are. 

How is this happening?  Ole Miss manhandling the Tide's lines or what?  I know mistakes are playing a part in the scoring for Ole Miss, but now it sounds like Ole Miss is just whipping the Tide at the line.

189071[/snapback]

I'm watching...and wondering...if Ole Miss wins, they've beaten a top 10 team for the first time in a while. Does that mean they're "back?"

Guest Tigrinum Major

I still don't think Ole Miss will pull this one out. Bama has too much offensively that will wear down the Ole Miss D.

I don't think anyone is "dominating" the line of scrimmage, but I do think Ole Miss has the advantage.

Ole Miss' secondary is playing a good game. They have left 3-4 pics on the field. On offense, they are stopping themselves more then bama is stopping them . .Spurlock just is not real accurate.

bama will pull this one out, but they have looked horrible so far . ..

First and goal for Ole Miss to start the fourth. I'm not catching every play, so this may be an inaccurate generalization - but it seems that Spurlock is putting too much on his passes - I saw a few short dump-offs that were hard fastballs and went incomplete.

Gotta watch out for those double-digits home 'dogs! (Glad that the AU line is only 8 or 9)

Just starting 4th quarter and Ole Miss in the red zone. This has been Ole Miss's game to lose so far, they are moving the ball and converting third downs. They just need the coaches to make some good decisions inside the red zone. 'Bama doesn't look anything like a Top 15 team, much less someone deserving to go to Atlanta. 'Bama is a decent team, but nothing compared to AU last year, we never played 3 consecutive quarters like they just did against a mediocre team. I think this shows UF's offense is really in trouble in the SEC...

If they were worried about missing Prothro, then they were right. Their receivers are not pulling the ball in. Punt Bama Punt

And if 'Bama blows this game, that screws us out of the chance of beating a Top 5 team in Auburn at the end of the season, dangit...

Alabama's Alabama and Alabama's gonna lose!

189081[/snapback]

It's more a case of "Ole Miss is Ole Miss" I think. I wonder if they are going to harp on the pass interference that wasn't called on the 3rd down on their own 20 with less than 2:00 to go?

That loss for Ole Miss is certainly on Mazzone's head, he had them in the red zone twice before halftime and came away with nothing, and then late in the game had 2 penalties and only a field goal.

And I have got to say, if that is the SEC's second best team (national ranking's wise), we are really, really down this year...

So what will be the Bama spin? I know somehow this will still count as a big time win.

189102[/snapback]

Did you see the celebration? Did you see Darby mocking the Ole Miss fans?

What ever happened to "class" and "tradition" and "act like you've been there before"?

Oh, right, it was all Bulls-it to begin with.

Never had it, wouldn't know what it was if it bit them in the butt and it's been so long they've forgotten.

So what will be the Bama spin? I know somehow this will still count as a big time win.

189102[/snapback]

Ole Miss played better

Ole Miss was coached better.

Ole Miss wanted it more.

Ole Miss shut down our offense.

Ole Miss picked our defense apart.

Ole Miss stayed in our redzone.

Ole Miss deserved to win.

They didn't. We won, just barely, but still a victory. Only three great things came out of this game for Bama today.

1. Kicker looked good under pressure

2. We now know that we are very capable of getting beat, so heads won't be in the clouds next week.

3. Still haven't lost a game.

189102[/snapback]

Ole Miss played better

Ole Miss was coached better.

Ole Miss wanted it more.

Ole Miss shut down our offense.

Ole Miss picked our defense apart.

Ole Miss stayed in our redzone.

Ole Miss deserved to win.

They didn't. We won, just barely, but still a victory. Only three great things came out of this game for Bama today.

1. Kicker looked good under pressure

2. We now know that we are very capable of getting beat, so heads won't be in the clouds next week.

3. Still haven't lost a game.

189105[/snapback]

Good post Tidefan.

You can't say I didn't try to warn you.

uat-old miss

VERY little difference in the two.

Not very good teams at all.

uat-old miss

189178[/snapback]

hey... don't steal my thunder!

I started the Alabama = Ole Miss thread that was banished to the woodshed. :P

uat-old miss

189178[/snapback]

Actually there is a four game difference in the two. Pretty big difference considering only 6 games have been played. JMO

Archived