Shoddy Jouranlism

mattd

I was on my way to Montgomery and heard Rick Karle and Paul Finebaum on the news...( I couldn't pick up WJOX) Tuesday morning and the comment was made that "Tuberville took at shot at Shula"...blah blah blah...that he said the road to the SECCG goes throught Auburn....and that was not waht he said...he was asked how important this game was and he said that 4 out of the last 5 games have decided who goes to Atlanta.....MAN that pissed me off...taking things out of context and changing them...it doesn't surpise me PF would do that but FOX6 is doing an about face and trying to get viewers.... :(

:au: I was watching Fox 6 (I think?) the other night and they were interviewing the future Heisman Trophy winner "Brodie". They asked him about his hair and he said he wouldn't cut in until they lost. Then they showed a picture of him with LONG hair (superimposed)! It was hilarious! I guess he'll cut it after this weekend Anyway, that was the only thing worth watching on Fox 6 lately. :clap::au:

Not "shoddy" journalism at all. It's bamaham.(The armpit of the State) They will say anything or do anything to prop up the tahrd. It has always been and will always be that way.

They know exactly what TT said. They are just trying to stir something up. The other day in the Bham News in the "Sound Off" section, an Alabama fan was talking about classless TT was for making that statement. I wonder if they actually read or listen. They hear what they wanna hear.

those two hacks will distort anything to get a rise out of people.

As defending SEC Champs :au: will determine who goes by winning or losing

Stupid media, the :uga::lsu: and uat game will determine who goes to

Atlanta.

When that uat bandwagon crashes it won't be pretty, it is seriously overloaded

:bounce:

When that uat bandwagon crashes it won't be pretty, it is seriously overloaded

:bounce:

And then Bama fans can say they truly fell off the fruit truck.

IMO, there are no bigger "homers" in Bamaham than Carlie and Haygood. I recently wrote Carlie an email and told him what Auburn people thought of him and his blatent Favoritism but he didn't seem to care. Others should write him at Fox6Sports. Strength is in numbers......Apathy gains nothing....

IMO, there are no bigger "homers" in Bamaham than Carlie and Haygood. I recently wrote Carlie an email and told him what Auburn people thought of him and his blatent Favoritism but he didn't seem to care. Others should write him at Fox6Sports. Strength is in numbers......Apathy gains nothing....

191005[/snapback]

Have you ever watched WSFA out of Montgomery? There is no more bias station than that. When I lived in South Alabama, and Phil Snow was the sports announcer, all he would talk about was Auburn. After the iron bowl, if Bama won it was only mentioned that day, but if Auburn won he showed hi lites all the next week. So I guess it just depends on where you live in the state. These stations just try to reach the majority of their audience. I love it here in Tuscaloosa that I get to hear a lot about Bama, but they hardly ever mention Troy, and I miss that.

Isn't the term "Fox News" an oxymoron?

190771[/snapback]

As opposed to CBS News?

190922[/snapback]

Its just a question of who is closest to the bottom. I actually avoid all the networks - local and national - as they all have their priority agendas and desire to purposely make controversy where there is none. BTW - Read State of Fear?

Write Karle at rkarle@wbrc.com and Haygood at shaygood@wbrc.com.

Since none of you guys had the courage or interest write Karlie, I did again! Here is what he wrote:Jim, Thanks for the comments. I can into a lengthy list of ways I get each and every day to get Auburn material here- how I spent 8 days at the Sugar Bowl, how we travel to Auburn each week for live material and how I'm good friends with Terry Henley and Tuberville himself. How I spent 2 hours on the phone just today with Mike Dubberly to get live coverage out of Tiger Stadium tommorow night. We will continue to do our best to cover the Auburn Tigers. and I look forward to the Iron Bowl week when we host about 20 people in Jordan Hare Stadium for our Auburn Football specials Have a good week-end and good luck tommorow... that game should be a wild one! Rick Karle.

What a bunch of Homer crap! He actually answered with a tone of concern! Hey, lets let him and Channel 6 have it!

In '93, after we had disposed of uat to complete the undefeated season, I ran into Karle outside the Auburn locker room. He looked as if he had just lost a member of the family. No doubt, a uat :homer: .

SoooooooooooooooooooWarTim, write him!

I am going to have to speak up for Karle, now. He is a good guy. I have spoken with him several times in the past, both at the station, away from the station and by email. I don't know much about Haygood.

I don't know if we saw the same clip about what Tommy said, but what I saw did not seem to me as one meant to attack CTT.

I like Fox 6 News (and no that is not Fox News like the cable channel) and feel they do a fairly good job of covering both programs.

And that's my 2 cents.

Karle's email back to me:

"Matt- Maybe you didn't hear me correctly. I told Paul that some Bama

fans (not me) thought that Tubby took a shot at Bama by saying the SEC

west title goes thru Auburn and LSU, but then followed that up by saying

Tuberville did not mean anything by that comment. I actually stuck up

for Tuberville. Thanks for writing and have a good weekend- Rick Karle"

It doens't matter...when you throw a comment out there like that noone is going to know who said it...just that it was said....

Archived