My letter to Dan

GalensGhost

Dan -

I used to have the utmost respect for you. I thought you were the best in all of sports broadcasting by far. I considered you to be to sports media what Johnny Carson was to late night television.

And then... First I see you hosting that ridiculous "Contender" boxing match looking for all the world like your shorts were soaked in lighter fluid and some exec was holding a match. I wrote that off as pulling your share of the network crap wagon.

Then today. I heard your interview with Tommy Tuberville -- who is saying exactly what needs to be said about the BCS and the self-important culture of ESPN GameDay. You defended the mummified Lou Holtz, who wouldn't know a football if he took one every day for regularity. The same Lou Holtz who last week in the Fact or Fiction segment (still available on ESPN.com) made this statement: "no team has ever gone 12-0 in the SEC and not won the national championship". Really? Was he dead last year or was that just his team?

He's an idiot, Dan. You have to know this. He's a bigger idiot than Trev. He sucks. I know you're a company guy. I know Holtz is an employee. But you have a responsibility to at least be fair. You weren't today. You jumped Tubberville with shield and sword drawn to defend the jackasses who work at your network. You ignored the simple fact that he was right. That's disgraceful.

I've lost a lot of respect for you, Dan. A lot. I used to know I could count on you to tell it like it is. I now know I can only count on you to tell it like the company line says. That's disappointing. You're better than that. Aren't you?

Try this:

Go to ESPN's site. On the college football page (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/index) scroll down to the "Motion Video" section and click on "More Videos".

When it comes up, you can see Holtz' grinning jackass face on there in the selections to the right of the screen. Click on the moron.

You can also join the "Players Bench" on ESPN where you can post on a chat site. This is interesting as hell. Try it out...Go to ESPN and click on NCAA.

Dan -

I used to have the utmost respect for you. I thought you were the best in all of sports broadcasting by far. I considered you to be to sports media what Johnny Carson was to late night television.

And then... First I see you hosting that ridiculous "Contender" boxing match looking for all the world like your shorts were soaked in lighter fluid and some exec was holding a match. I wrote that off as pulling your share of the network crap wagon.

Then today. I heard your interview with Tommy Tuberville -- who is saying exactly what needs to be said about the BCS and the self-important culture of ESPN GameDay. You defended the mummified Lou Holtz, who wouldn't know a football if he took one every day for regularity. The same Lou Holtz who last week in the Fact or Fiction segment (still available on ESPN.com) made this statement: "no team has ever gone 12-0 in the SEC and not won the national championship". Really? Was he dead last year or was that just his team?

He's an idiot, Dan. You have to know this. He's a bigger idiot than Trev. He sucks. I know you're a company guy. I know Holtz is an employee. But you have a responsibility to at least be fair. You weren't today. You jumped Tubberville with shield and sword drawn to defend the jackasses who work at your network. You ignored the simple fact that he was right. That's disgraceful.

I've lost a lot of respect for you, Dan. A lot. I used to know I could count on you to tell it like it is. I now know I can only count on you to tell it like the company line says. That's disappointing. You're better than that. Aren't you?

192865[/snapback]

AUsome! B)

:au::homer:

Archived