Trev Alberts

AUwingsfan

ok, so probably no one will read this thread, but I was just curious. I must admit that I wasn't the biggest Trev Alberts fan in the world when he came out before the 2003 season and said that we were overrated. I was so angry with him and thought he was the biggest moron on earth. Then we started playing and the season didn't quite end up with us playing for a national championship like I thought. Then last year he seemed to be the only one who gave us the respect we deserved. He was in our corner the entire time, he never faltered and seemed legitimately upset that we were getting the shaft. Looking at that and how he called our season the year before, along with various other things he said when I'd watch Gameday I actually grew to respect the guy. I know some of you think I'm silly for this, but you have to admit the guy called it like he saw it and was right a lot of the time.

Having said that, how many of you wish Trev was still around to see what he'd be saying right now about all this (Coach Tubberville and his BCS statments)?? Does anyone know how to get into touch with him to find out what he thinks about Tubby's comments?? Please discuss.

I dont know how to get in touch with trev alberts, but I sure miss him. Trev and May had a chemistry together. Holtz and May does not have any chemistry.

I hope next year, they replace Lou with somebody fun and entertaing.

Holtz just rambles on and on and Donnan has to correct 80% of the thing he says. Trev was funny when him and May got into it, but alas he wanted a bigger piece of the pie and was fired.

There are a couple of things I miss:

Alberts being there instead of Sylvester the Cat Holtz

The pairing of Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried. I can't stand Davie or the guy they pair Gottfried with.

NO

Trev was just as bad as all the rest. He was argumentative to the point where i wanted to beat my head against a wall and he always thought every word out of his mouth to be gospel, yet he never admitted when he was wrong, which was pretty often.

:puke:

ESPN GAMEDAY

ESPN never tries to hide its true colors ;)

I'd much rather have Trev than Holtz. I've gotten to the point that I just can't listen to Holtz. He's like the old Wal Mart greeter guy. They feel sorry for him so they give him a job.

Without a doubt, I miss Trev. I was upset when they let him go, for many of the same reasons listed by AUwingsfan. He called a spade a spade. As much as I hated it, I couldn't fault him for it because he was (usually) right.

The last few seasons, at 9:30 on Saturday morning my butt was glued to the couch (if Auburn was an away game, of course) and I was pumped for GameDay. This season, I think I can count on one finger how many times I have watched an entire show. I get so disgusted with all the USC pagentry that I would rather mow my lawn before the 11:30 JP game than watch GameDay.

The last few seasons, at 9:30 on Saturday morning my butt was glued to the couch (if Auburn was an away game, of course) and I was pumped for GameDay.  This season, I think I can count on one finger how many times I have watched an entire show.  I get so disgusted with all the USC pagentry that I would rather mow my lawn before the 11:30 JP game than watch GameDay.

193039[/snapback]

It's funny that you should mention mowing the lawn, because that is exactly what I did last week during Gameday!!....I honestly am to the point where I wouldn't care who beat USC, just so they get beat.....it's not sour grapes for the year they whipped us, it's just the fact that they really don't play anyone who stands out as being that great....hopefully Cal or UCLA will do the job...maybe both can!!! War Eagle!!

Archived