Biggest Obstacle for

rexbo

Which is the biggest obstacle to Auburn winning the West and going to Atlanta?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the biggest obstacle to Auburn winning the West and going to Atlanta?

• Alabama beating LSU?
    • Auburn winning out?

I agree that UAT is the best shot but if that does not happen I would not rule out  :arky:   doing it.  That game has the importance of  :au:   vs  :uga:   to them.  Not sure why...maybe cause they go head to head for a lot of recruits.

194820[/snapback]

You're wrong....that game does not have anywhere near the importance of AU/UGA. The 2 schools have tried to make this a rivalry but it just hasn't taken. AU, Bama, UF, Ole Miss, are much bigger than the Ark game.

194989[/snapback]

let me re-phrase...It is big to the Arkansas people. Guess since they don't have UT (university of texas) to hate on anymore, LSU is the next best thing.

194995[/snapback]

You're probably right on that one....you know how people say LSU doens't have a rival.....Ark is worse than LSU in not having a true rival.

I think you are right in that this game is bigger to Ark than LSU. Looking at it in a recruiting aspect, Ark probably comes into Louisiana much more that LSU goes into Ark.

I agree that UAT is the best shot but if that does not happen I would not rule out  :arky:   doing it.  That game has the importance of  :au:   vs  :uga:   to them.  Not sure why...maybe cause they go head to head for a lot of recruits.

194820[/snapback]

You're wrong....that game does not have anywhere near the importance of AU/UGA. The 2 schools have tried to make this a rivalry but it just hasn't taken. AU, Bama, UF, Ole Miss, are much bigger than the Ark game.

194989[/snapback]

let me re-phrase...It is big to the Arkansas people. Guess since they don't have UT (university of texas) to hate on anymore, LSU is the next best thing.

194995[/snapback]

You're probably right on that one....you know how people say LSU doens't have a rival.....Ark is worse than LSU in not having a true rival.

I think you are right in that this game is bigger to Ark than LSU. Looking at it in a recruiting aspect, Ark probably comes into Louisiana much more that LSU goes into Ark.

194999[/snapback]

I was living in Fayetteville back in the mid to late 90's and when there was talk of expanding the SEC there was a VERY hard push in that area to bring in some of the folks who had been in the now defunct SWC. They wanted texas and I have to admit they would have a very nice addition. I think the SEC missed the boat in trying to get some of these other large name schools in.

Archived