Biggest Obstacle for

rexbo

Which is the biggest obstacle to Auburn winning the West and going to Atlanta?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the biggest obstacle to Auburn winning the West and going to Atlanta?

• Alabama beating LSU?
    • Auburn winning out?

Given the performance of LSU, 'Bama, Georgia and Auburn over the past month, I think 'Bama beating LSU is our biggest obstacle.

Technically, it should be LSU getting at least one loss in their remaing games among uat, Ole Miss & Arky. uat just happens to be LSU's next SEC opponent. It's conceivable LSU could lose to Ole Miss. Afterall, didn't the almighty freakin' tyde squeak out a 3-pt win against the Wild Boyz? Also, isn't Nutt going to let Dick start against the Cocks? I'm not saying he'll he All-World or anything, just pointing out that the Arky team is going to be different than the one that got pounded earlier this year. We know Arky can run the ball. If they get some offensive rythem started with that FR TB they got, who knows how that game will go? The season if far from over if LSU stomps a mud hole in uat as expected.

Looking over LSU's game stats, they don't seem to get much offensive production against anyone really. I'm more worried about AU than LSU truthfully.

I'm going with LSU whipping Bama and Arkansas beating LSU. Stranger things have happened. We win out, have a 9-2 record and go to Atlanta, where we win the SEC.

All of this is a long shot. I think the biggest obstacle is :uga: they have a week off to get healthy and they will be healthy when we play them. We Have to play them on the road which isnt to scary after watching us at :lsu: . :uga: also will be playing us to basically go to Atlanta or not. My guess is they will be ready to play,

That said: i think we can do it!!!

:au: WDE :au:

If we do not win out we do not go to Atlanta. This is simply we take care of our end of the situation, if we do not then it matters very little.

LSU lost to UT who has lost to uat, usc and could very well end up getting upset by vandy if vandy can get into field goal range once. LSU falling to Ole Piss or the Hawgs would not surprise me in the least. However EVERYTHING rides on our guys running the table.

War Damn Eagle! Next up the Mild Kats

Looking over LSU's game stats, they don't seem to get much offensive production against anyone really. I'm more worried about AU than LSU truthfully.

194569[/snapback]

Looking at the stats so far:

LSU is 2nd in the SEC in Total Offense & Scoring Offense (behind AU.) They have the 2nd best passing offense (behind Vandy) and the 4th best rushing offense (behind Arky, AU & UGA and ahead of uat.) Their rush defense is outstanding, currently ranked 2nd in the SEC (behind UT.) They are also 2nd in getting sacks. Keep in mind they have played one less game than most. After this weekend, they should be the SEC sack leader. Their pass defense is currently ranked 6th, but you need to allow for the fact that they have played Vandy, SC & AU -- all pretty good passing teams. They caught a bit of a break against AU what with Vaughn's troubles & all, but still they played a mean defense. Suffice to say, uat can expect LSU to bring their A game. A classic Mud Hole Stomp is not out of the question -- truthfully. SEC Stats

194569[/snapback]

Looking at the stats so far:

LSU is 2nd in the SEC in Total Offense & Scoring Offense (behind AU.) They have the 2nd best passing offense (behind Vandy) and the 4th best rushing offense (behind Arky, AU & UGA and ahead of uat.) Their rush defense is outstanding, currently ranked 2nd in the SEC (behind UT.) They are also 2nd in getting sacks. Keep in mind they have played one less game than most. After this weekend, they should be the SEC sack leader. Their pass defense is currently ranked 6th, but you need to allow for the fact that they have played Vandy, SC & AU -- all pretty good passing teams. They caught a bit of a break against AU what with Vaughn's troubles & all, but still they played a mean defense. Suffice to say, uat can expect LSU to bring their A game. A classic Mud Hole Stomp is not out of the question -- truthfully. SEC Stats

194643[/snapback]

I agree. :lsu: will expose the mullets glass slipper, then they get the double whammy when :au: gets ahold of them. Too much balance and power headed their way for them to come out unscathed.

I stand by my statement that this weekend's game against :msu: will be :ua: 's last regular season win this year.

I say Auburn winning out is the larger of the problems but only because that is the only thing we have control over. I believe that LSU will lose one more, and that is not pinning the hopes on :ua: completely either. :arky: usually plays them REALLY tough down there Thanksgiving weekend.

Oh yea, also I-85 construction.

I agree that the biggest obstacle is winning at :uga: . They know that they have to win that game to represent the East, so they will throw out all stops, especially with a week to prepare. I think LSU goes into mulletville and gets a W, setting up the :lsu: vs :arky: showdown to decide it all after :au: wins one for the "Patter" on his newly named field.

If we do not win out we do not go to Atlanta. This is simply we take care of our end of the situation, if we do not then it matters very little.

LSU lost to UT who has lost to uat, usc and could very well end up getting upset by vandy if vandy can get into field goal range once. LSU falling to Ole Piss or the Hawgs would not surprise me in the least. However EVERYTHING rides on our guys running the table.

194623[/snapback]

You are wrong in the statement that "EVERYTHING rides on us running the table". Auburn can win the last 3 games by a total of 473 points and still not make it into the SEC Championship game. That is the problem. That is why I don't understand why people are being hard headed and want LSU to beat Bama. Auburn needs LSU to lose to Alabama. If you look at it realistically, Alabama beating LSU is statistically the most likely way for Auburn to get the the Championship game. If LSU beats Alabama, we are hoping for what I would consider a MAJOR upset to happen before anything Auburn does on the field matters!

I agree that the biggest obstacle is winning at  :uga: .  They know that they have to win that game to represent the East, so they will throw out all stops, especially with a week to prepare.  I think LSU goes into mulletville and gets a W, setting up the  :lsu: vs  :arky: showdown to decide it all after  :au: wins one for the "Patter" on his newly named field.

194755[/snapback]

I, for one, would rather hang on to the option of maybe Bama getting the win over LSU than have everything come down to LSU/Arkansas. IT IS ARKANSAS. No disrespect for them, but we beat them by 17 points. The game was not close in the 4th quarter.

I'm going with LSU whipping Bama and Arkansas beating LSU.  Stranger things have happened.  We win out, have a 9-2 record and go to Atlanta, where we win the SEC.

194595[/snapback]

LSU might beat Bama, but i really doubt that Arkansas will have a shot at LSU. I just dont see that happening.

I'm going with LSU whipping Bama and Arkansas beating LSU.  Stranger things have happened.  We win out, have a 9-2 record and go to Atlanta, where we win the SEC.

194595[/snapback]

:cheer::arky::cheer:

:puke::ua::puke:

I agree that UAT is the best shot but if that does not happen I would not rule out :arky: doing it. That game has the importance of :au: vs :uga: to them. Not sure why...maybe cause they go head to head for a lot of recruits.

194623[/snapback]

You are wrong in the statement that "EVERYTHING rides on us running the table". Auburn can win the last 3 games by a total of 473 points and still not make it into the SEC Championship game. That is the problem. That is why I don't understand why people are being hard headed and want LSU to beat Bama. Auburn needs LSU to lose to Alabama. If you look at it realistically, Alabama beating LSU is statistically the most likely way for Auburn to get the the Championship game. If LSU beats Alabama, we are hoping for what I would consider a MAJOR upset to happen before anything Auburn does on the field matters!

194760[/snapback]

Look at the question asked here it was asked what the biggest obstacle for auburn making it to the SECCG. Uat does not have to be the one to take down LSU I never said they did. LSU stand as good a chance as we do in getting beat in one of the remaining games. That’s why our biggest obstacle is running the table even if the bammers do not beat LSU they have two more conference games, but if we do not win out it doesn't matter if Ole Piss or Arky get the upset.

I agree that UAT is the best shot but if that does not happen I would not rule out  :arky:   doing it.  That game has the importance of  :au:   vs  :uga:   to them.  Not sure why...maybe cause they go head to head for a lot of recruits.

194820[/snapback]

I think it is because they don't have an in-state rival to butt heads with at the end of the season like the other western teams, so they have this somewhat contrived rivlary complete with a conveniently gaudy wooden plaque-like trophy in the shape of the two states combined. (Looks like a some sort of big brown thigh-high boot that Beaudreaux might cross-dress with before he goes and rassles him some swine)

I agree that UAT is the best shot but if that does not happen I would not rule out  :arky:   doing it.  That game has the importance of  :au:   vs  :uga:   to them.  Not sure why...maybe cause they go head to head for a lot of recruits.

194820[/snapback]

I think it is because they don't have an in-state rival to butt heads with at the end of the season like the other western teams, so they have this somewhat contrived rivlary complete with a conveniently gaudy wooden plaque-like trophy in the shape of the two states combined. (Looks like a some sort of big brown thigh-high boot that Beaudreaux might cross-dress with before he goes and rassles him some swine)

194907[/snapback]

Now that's funny there. :roflol:

194820[/snapback]

You're wrong....that game does not have anywhere near the importance of AU/UGA. The 2 schools have tried to make this a rivalry but it just hasn't taken. AU, Bama, UF, Ole Miss, are much bigger than the Ark game.

194820[/snapback]

You're wrong....that game does not have anywhere near the importance of AU/UGA. The 2 schools have tried to make this a rivalry but it just hasn't taken. AU, Bama, UF, Ole Miss, are much bigger than the Ark game.

194989[/snapback]

let me re-phrase...It is big to the Arkansas people. Guess since they don't have UT (university of texas) to hate on anymore, LSU is the next best thing.

Archived