Do you think...

EllisHugh

Of course they will. If they play a reasonable opponent say a la Va Tech in the Sugar Bowl, then yes they will ! They would have a legit argument as we did last year.

they will, and they will come up with some reason to justify their right to it and why we didn't deserve it last year. But this is a mute point as they will lose to both tigers. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

GO FAUX TIGERS!!!

a lot of people on here claim last year as one for us. I don't, but we wouldn't be able to give them crap if they did win out. But the point is moot because we're going to beat them on the 19th.

Of course they will, heck Brodie even came out and named us NC's for last year in anticipation of claiming one for this year. Though I think it will be a moot point as Bama has problems with both Tigers this year.

Did Brodie really say that we won it last year?

194819[/snapback]

Actually I think what he said was something along the lines of " we deserved to be in the title game" if I am not mistaken.

It matters little they will go down on the 19th.

If they did go undefeated they would claim 15, one for each team ranked ahead of them because if the NCAA didn't have a conspiracy against them they would have beaten them all this year.

He all but said it, think it was that if he was in the same situation as Auburn that he would have claimed it. He didn't come out and directly say Auburn was NC's, sorry about that. The phrasing of what he said he might as well have though, but never would have said it if Alabama wasn't sitting right now where Auburn was last year.

They've claimed titles they didn't actually win in the past, why would this year be any different?

Since everyone else has used it I feel I must at least say "moot" in this post so I can be with the "in crowd"!

All joking aside, they would have a legitimate argument if they win out. However, I do think IF they made the Rose Bowl USC would destroy them. Their defense is good enough to keep them in the game but their offense wouldn't be able to put the numbers up they would need to beat USC; their defense would wear down eventually. I think they'd have a decent shot against Texas. Texas has a lot of weapons but they will live and die by Vince Young. If Bama could pressure him early they'd have a shot. USC just has too many weapons.

They've claimed titles they didn't actually win in the past, why would this year be any different?

Since everyone else has used it I feel I must at least say "moot" in this post so I can be with the "in crowd"!

All joking aside, they would have a legitimate argument if they win out.  However, I do think IF they made the Rose Bowl USC would destroy them.  Their defense is good enough to keep them in the game but their offense wouldn't be able to put the numbers up they would need to beat USC; their defense would wear down eventually.  I think they'd have a decent shot against Texas.  Texas has a lot of weapons but they will live and die by Vince Young.  If Bama could pressure him early they'd have a shot.  USC just has too many weapons.

194893[/snapback]

Problem is, Young gets outside you pressure, goes up the middle, or makes one person miss one time......... endzone.

demeco ryans is every bit as fast as vince young. and no, i'm not high. bama, auburn, and lsu could all beat texas. they are going to be this year's OU, get to the title, have no real business being there, get your ass kicked

demeco ryans is every bit as fast as vince young. and no, i'm not high. bama, auburn, and lsu could all beat texas. they are going to be this year's OU, get to the title, have no real business being there, get your ass kicked

194900[/snapback]

Bama doesn't have the offense to beat Texas, even when Bama had the Bear and were winning NC's left and right they couldn't beat Texas (history fun for Bama fans lol). Ryan would have to miss just one time for Texas to win.

LSU, maybe, course Brown owns Miles and also beat Saban with Chrissy as the QB. If Irons can go for 200, then Young is going to be able to be successful.

Us, we have always had trouble with mobile QB's and Chizik would know exactly how to stop us. Texas's D is better than our offense this year.

Texas isn't unstoppable, but they are a damn good team this year. Especially if their freshmen tailback continues to come along as the season goes giving them another option.

Archived