BCS plus one

that article actually debuted on collegefootballnews.com. i wrote fui (b/c for as much as i bash that cat and give him hell, he always responds to your email) about it b/c a buddy and i were having the exact same conversation two weeks ago. i told him the three straight usc titles was bogus b/c they would have been the inferior defensive team in each game. i think they pull one of them out (and i agree they would've made the title game each year), but no way in hell they win all three.

i gave him my rundown of each year:

1998 OSU (my buddy balked at this, but i agree with fui on this one... UT was a fluke and OSU had reggie germany, david boston, and a solid running game far too much for tennessee that year)

1999 FSU

2000 OU

2001 UM

2002 USC (they were incredible at season's end and i think they were a much more complete team, ie. they played defense back then; this would have been the most entertaining year in my opinion... great uga team, usc ripping people to shreds, unbeaten miami playing the same role as this year's usc, and scrappy unbeaten osu? classic)

2003 LSU (defense, defense, defense)

2004 Auburn (see above)

2005 VaTech (i still think they're the best team in the country. i actually have a witness to me predicting a national title for that team after the sugar bowl last year)

that means the sec would've been the last major conference to win the playoff. that's how i remember all those seasons though

Archived