Herbstreit says Bama is,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tigermike

Herbstreit says Bama is No. 5, behind Penn State and Miami. He has USC, Texas, Penn State, Miami, Alabama. :blink: (Personally I think an undefeated SEC team should be at least #3).

Corso has USC, Texas, Alabama, Miami, LSU.

I think the Bama defense can compete with any and of the top 25, including Miami, VT, USC and Texas. But their offense that was shut down by Mississippi St. & struggled with Ole Miss & Tennessee. The Bama offense is borderline anemic and since Prothro's injury and is sucking like an asmatic 2 pack per day Camel smoker.

Thinking back several weeks, after beating MSU 28-0, Auburn dropped four spots in the polls. I think #5 sounds about right for this Tide team (for now at least).

Herby and the gang are full of sheet. I wouldn't read too much into his comments.

Whether or not a a one-loss Miami or a one-loss Penn St could or could not beat an undefeated SEC team is beside the point. UAT has not lost a game so they should sit right up there with the rest of the undefeated's. They've beaten every team that has been put in front of them just like the rest of the undefeated's.

Makes me sick how they sit up there and joke about how the national championship game is already decided...USC/UT. "They can all just go ahead and reserve their hotel room in Pasadena." Suck it Herby.

College football deserves better.

Whether or not a a one-loss Miami or a one-loss Penn St could or could not beat an undefeated SEC team is beside the point.  UAT has not lost a game so they should sit right up there with the rest of the undefeated's.  They've beaten every team that has been put in front of them just like the rest of the undefeated's.

195506[/snapback]

DEAD HORSE ALERT: PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS!

Whether or not a a one-loss Miami or a one-loss Penn St could or could not beat an undefeated SEC team is beside the point.  UAT has not lost a game so they should sit right up there with the rest of the undefeated's.  They've beaten every team that has been put in front of them just like the rest of the undefeated's.

195506[/snapback]

DEAD HORSE ALERT: PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS!

195513[/snapback]

A M E N...thats the only true way anything with the BCS will ever get fixed. they can tweak whatever they want, but it won't always work out fair.

i won't take my swing at the horse but if USC/Texas could pick any top 10 team to play for the national championship who do you think they would pick.

1.usc

2.texas

3.miami

4.alabama

5.LSU

6.penn st.

7.notre dame

8. va tech

9. georgia

10.ohio state

this may be beside the point but i know who i would pick.

think about it this way. do you think bama would be favored against anyone in the top 10?

If the point is to rank the best teams numerically, then the won/loss record is not paramount. The BEST team just might have lost a game. Almost identical to saying the previous year's undefeated team should be ranked atop the poll until they are beaten. The BEST team just may have played a killer schedule up to this point. Notre Dame is an example of a team who generally plays that kind of a schedule most years. Same with AU during the Dye era. Remember amend coner. Very good teams but never went undefeated. Bama IS undefeated and has a very good defense even though we know they have only played one above average team (UF who also struggles on offense). At this point, I think UAT is the number three team in the West. Who would you put your money on now in head to head in the WEST.

Just my thoughts.

Archived