Auburn needs LSU to lose twice?

Aufan59

Twice I've heard that Auburn needs to beat Alabama and have LSU lose twice for Auburn to go into the SEC Championship game.

How is this correct?

Assuming we beat Alabama and LSU loses once:

Auburn 7-1

LSU 6-2

Alabama 6-2

Clear division winner = Auburn.

Why would LSU have to lose twice?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Twice I've heard that Auburn needs to beat Alabama and have LSU lose twice for Auburn to go into the SEC Championship game.

How is this correct?

Assuming we beat Alabama and LSU loses once:

Auburn 7-1

LSU 6-2

Alabama 6-2

Clear division winner = Auburn.

Why would LSU have to lose twice?

199109[/snapback]

You must be listening to Finebaum. Shane the Idiot said this on the air the other day and Paul the Parrot echoed it later.

Don't worry, you are correct, LSU only need lose once and we will be back in Atlanta.

Don't get caught up in the "Shane Math". He flunked his GED the other day.

Aufan59

Tennessee already took care of one of LSwho's losses. The way it works is if one team has one SEC loss(Auburn) and the other has one SEC loss(LSU) but beat the former team then the team with the head to head win wins out. Now if LSU who has one SEC loss looses to another SEC team then they have a worse SEC record so the team with one loss is the SEC west champ

I think the confusion lies within the way the statements are being made. I think they are saying LSU needs to lose "twice", as in altogether. They are counting the one SEC loss they already have and LSU needs to lose another to lose "twice". I don't think they are talking about LSU needing to lose the last two games.

I think the confusion lies within the way the statements are being made. I think they are saying LSU needs to lose "twice", as in altogether. They are counting the one SEC loss they already have and LSU needs to lose another to lose "twice". I don't think they are talking about LSU needing to lose the last two games.

199147[/snapback]

Ranger, in the case of the announcers, I hope you are correct. In the case of Shane, his ignorance is only exceeded by his Bammer arrogance.

PS - If any of you get the opportunity to meet Finebaum, don't dare shake his hand. There is no telling what you will get on you, he has been in a communal orgasm with the Bammers for months.

PS - If any of you get the opportunity to meet Finebaum, don't dare shake his hand. There is no telling what you will get on you, he has been in a communal organism with the Bammers for months.

:roflol: Yeah, those organisms can be messy, huh? :poke:

PS - If any of you get the opportunity to meet Finebaum, don't dare shake his hand. There is no telling what you will get on you, he has been in a communal organism with the Bammers for months.

:roflol: Yeah, those organisms can be messy, huh? :poke:

199154[/snapback]

Oops, spell check does not always work the way you want does it? :big::big::big:

Guest Tigrinum Major
Talkin' Football mentioned that Auburn needed LSU to lose twice, and so did an announcer on a CSS replay.

I figured they knew more than me, but I guess not.

199141[/snapback]

Don't ever assume that some hack that probably wears hornrims and has a pocket protector knows more than you do about college football.

199147[/snapback]

The statements made on Finebaum were "LSU must lose out (last two games) in order for Auburn to make the SECCG." The only confusion in that statement is in Paul and Shane's brain. Notice the singular. Between those two yahoos, they only have one brain and I am being generous.

And yes, I still listen, but I make it a point not to patronize his sponsors.

Talkin' Football mentioned that Auburn needed LSU to lose twice, and so did an announcer on a CSS replay.

I figured they knew more than me, but I guess not.

199141[/snapback]

Yeah - I remember that Paul Crane fellow saying that on TF this past Sunday night - just furthers my point that he is a doofus. (I have been advised that he is a bammer as well, which explains a lot).

Archived