Hugh Nall

au9596

A thought as I was just reviewing sports news and noticing how many schools are firing assistants because of poor seasons (or to save the head coach's behind). Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and South Carolina have all announced assistant firings, and I'm sure there are probably others. [i'm still waiting for the shoe to drop on Bama's offensive staff.]

Anyway, isn't it great not to be in THAT situation! We have a great staff and it shows on the field. I'd hate to lose Coach Nall and I wish him the best should he move on. But isn't wonderful to be in a position, where if we change/lose assistants, it'll be because they are doing such a GOOD job, not a bad one!

Keep it going, CTT.

IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER !!

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg...ll=3&thispage=2

-- NALL NOT A CANDIDATE: Tuberville said Thursday that offensive line coach Hugh Nall is not currently a candidate for the vacant Georgia Southern head coaching job.

Nall, who grew up in Georgia and was an assistant coach at GSU in the early 1980s, has been mentioned by alumni as a possible replacement for Mike Sewak, who was fired Tuesday.

"As we speak, his name is not even in the mix," Tuberville said. "It got brought up by alumni. Hugh would make an excellent head coach, but they've got to do what they think is best for them. I'd like to see him get an interview and be part of the process, but I'm not involved in that."

Tuberville said he and Nall have talked about the situation several times.

"He has not been contacted," Tuberville said. "Nobody's contacted me. So we'll have to see what happens."

Anything can still happen, and best of luck to Coach Nall whatever happens, but apparently it's still only at the rumor stage at this point.

Archived